New Texas Suppressor Bill Signed by Gov. Abbott

Are FFLs going to follow this law or follow the federal laws which grant them their license and can just as easily take it away and then prohibit them from selling any guns and silencers. My guess is the FFLs are going to continue to keep following the laws the ATF enforces.
I'm wondering what the law actually provides for? The brief summary above sounds like it allows one to take possession before the $200 tax stamp is received.

I wonder of you could buy a Texas made supressor from say Silencershop or one in their dealer network in TX. Have them file the fed paperwork and pay the stamp tax. But, you get to take it with you the day you buy it and just not travel outside TX

Then, after, the long wait to get your stamp you finally become legal in the feds eyes and can travel to other suppressor friendly states with your TX made can.

I wonder of you could buy a Texas made supressor from say Silencershop or one in their dealer network in TX. Have them file the fed paperwork and pay the stamp tax. But, you get to take it with you the day you buy it and just not travel outside TX

Then, after, the long wait to get your stamp you finally become legal in the feds eyes and can travel to other suppressor friendly states with your TX made can.
Highly doubt it. The businesses like silencershop, and the smaller businesses that would be holding your can want to stay in business and not get shut down. More than likely it will be like the several other states that have already done it, and this bill will change nothing, but simply make a statement to the feds.

I got involved here a few months ago. There no reason in God green earth to have the problems in getting a suppressor. They don't work unless they are attached to a rifle of other types of firearms. It should be the form 4473 for purchasing a firearm is at the most to acquire on a suppressor. The biggest problem is what has been elected to congress. I hope that in 2022 being the mid-term election there will be a major turn over there to get this country back on track. We all need to get out and speak up for law and order, and correcting some laws. It maybe if people get tired of watching law enforcement having people being released in the courts. People can vote those judges out of offices. Most of the lower court judges are voted in. Remove them and get people and get some real judges in. A lot of this will stop.
I do fear is what has been allowed in the last few years, it's going to be very hard to get the genie back into the bottle. Getting our streets under control again, there going to be a lot of gun fire by police to stop the lawless that going on. The left is going to really raise hell over that. They are to stupid to understand we have to live by the rule of law. With it being applied evenly it works very good. That has been lost for now. Suppressor requirement is a stupid law too, and needs to be changed
I also realize that there is a double standard in how the law is applied. We see it everyday in Washington, with the FBI and other agencies at Federal level. I guess it has been happening all along, and I was to stupid to realize it until here as of late. It sadden me greatly to see this.

I don't think that will exempt us from federal law and I'm not going to be the test case. I seem to recall this was done in other states, anyone recall how it turned out?
Maybe it will be like marijuana laws - still under a federal ban but states allow it and the feds don't prosecute. That has too much $$$ involved to perhaps be a fair comparison...

It maybe fine in TX to purchase a suppressor, but I would stay in TX with that suppressor. Otherwise I would go the route of form-4 and the 9 to 14 months to get the stamp. It's B*llSh*t, but that's the law presently. Then you can go into any state that allows them.

It can NOT leave the state of Texas. Texas Residents to my understanding.
If I traveled through Texas, which I do quite often, would I be able to purchase one, as a non resident? If yes, the next question would be, could I then transport it home to my state of residence? I'm thinking my state laws would still be in lockstep with the fed, so the guinea pig analogy is at the front of my mind.
This sounds like a Texas resident only bill, inspite of the new Constitutional Carry bill being an actual CC for ALL law abiding, eligible US citizens.

I wonder is this only for TX residents? If I visit my daughter there, being a PA resident, can I purchase a TX made supressdor and use it in PA?

Does anyone think for one minute that the fed government is going to allow any state to circumvent their $200.00 tax???? Why do you think that Biden wants to put a tax stamp on AR pistols now?? The discussion on the AR pistol is not that they are a deadly weapon and should be regulated, but taxed so more of our money for them to spend.
This debate on suppressors has been going on for years and will continue. Remember the "Hearing Act" that was proposed years ago? It doesn't matter if it is a dem or Republican official in government both sides will never give up that $200 per unit.
I would not challenge the ATF on what they think. They are always going to be right and their law rules above any state. They rule like the we think of the KGB in Russia. Don't take me wrong I am not calling any of the US ATF agents KGB, but don't mess with them. If you think you can challenge ........ Look at Rubby Ridge, Waco.

Recent Posts