New Tactical Hunter Build: Thoughts?

Pcweidman

Hey forum hope you all are well! Been a while since I posted thought I would throw out my new build to you.

I started off building an M40 type clone that I would use for friendly competitions, hunting, and such. Then I got to reading about how serious folks are about throwing around the M40 name associated to rifle. I decided I would not bastardize that name but call my new build basically a 'Tactical Hunter'. I wanted to throw out what I was trying to accomplish and see if anyone had any thoughts. The rifle will have a heavy military essence but used heavily for short to medium range bolt gun applications for Boar and Deer hunting as well as Yote killing. Too big of projectile to really save a yote. Thats what the little 22's are for. Anyway. Mark and the guys at Accurate Ordnance in GA will be doing the final assembly and accurizing of the rifle. They built my 300WM AI and its a beautiful, tough, durable, Sub MOA gun and I love it. They are class gentlemen and always appreciate repeat business, referrals, and I like supporting southern companies. This gun will not have anywhere near the AI price tag but a fun little gun none the less:

- Remington 700 SA .308
- M40 Profile 22 inch barrel 1:11 twist with Little Bastard Brake
- 'Old Style' Remington trigger tuned to 3.5lbs
- Bell and Carlson OD Green M40 stock
- Wyett Bottom metal and 5rd box magazine
- Redfield 20MOA rail
- Jon Aadland low rings
- SWFA 10x fixed 'Unertl' style clone optic MOA with Mil Dot Reticle

*Bottom Metal, Barreled Action to be be Cerakote in Flat Dark Earth. Rail and Rings to be done in OD Green.

I am going to be shooting primarily 168gr projectiles no larger considering the barrel twist and probably be using Hornady Match 168gr AMAX for hunting and SMK for everything else. I will work the rifle and load up in my Applied Ballistics software and hope for the best!

Thanks Guys!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.