New TAC Series Mounted Quivers Available

jon.henry755

Hi Everyone,
As is often typical I like to test and bring forward new products that I believe are the best available after market products of their type. Today is no exception and I'm a bit excited for everyone to see this one, so let's get rolling.

As many of you may know, in the world of archery and compound bows there is a company out their that makes a quiver called the Vortexx 6 STX. If you've ever seen or used one of these quivers you know that they are considered the Rolls Royce of arrow quivers because of how well they are made and how smoothly they function.

They are virtually indestructible, Dead Silent and vibration dampening. They use a quick release lever that allows them to be put on or removed instantly and silently. Arrows are locked into the shaft holder and can not fall out or come loose based on the proprietary patented design. When you wish to remove an arrow for loading, you simple rotate the arrow shaft holder and the shaft will almost drop free without having to pull on it.

Until now, we have no crossbow mounted quivers to choose from since it hasn't been an option from PSE or anybody else when it comes to the TAC Crossbows. That's NO LONGER TRUE!!!!

Effective immediately I just finished testing and have mounted one of the Vortxx Quivers on my TAC15i and was hunting with it from my treestand yesterday. I made sure that I was able to put it through hell on the first day out by banging it against the tree while hauling my crossbow up to the stand with my rope. I also made sure I tangled my rope in between the arrows before hauling to insure that even with the weight of the crossbow against the arrow shafts nothing would come loose.

Once in the tree, it was a piece of cake to instantly remove the quiver, hang it and proceed to load my crossbow. When it came time to get down, I didn't baby anything. I simply reversed the process and let it all back down without so much as a sound.

The real beauty was the fact that when it came time to either go into the woods or come back out, I was able to put the crossbow on my back and not have to worry about a side quiver on my leg catching and tangling in the brush as I moved through. My hands were free and everything was as portable as it used to be with my compound bows.

Their are two versions of these quivers available and there are also two different brackets available as far as I understand. I'm currently using the single quiver bracket which can hold either the 4 arrow or six arrow Vortxx Quiver. The 4 arrow quiver does not have the rotating release so it operates very much like a standard bow quiver. The model 6 STX has the rotating feature and I'm in love with it.

The second bracket available is more of a Boomerang shaped bracket that is designed to support either two quivers or allows instant switching to either side of the crossbow. These quiver and bracket assemblies are designed to mount on the underside of your front Weaver style rail using four #10 x 24 x 1/2" Flat head screws. It takes about 30 seconds to attach your mounting bracket with just a screwdriver and your in business and ready to go. The brackets are powder coated to match the TAC crossbows and are taped to match up to the manufactures mounting holes.

For prices or more information on these quivers please see Len's Online Store as Bob has selected Len as his only source to buy them. They are not being sold as separate components, so no assembly is required.

gun)

Great Shooting,

Jon Henry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
Sadly, it has rently come to my attention that the company that makes the quivers e been recommending are no longer producing their line of quivers. I'm not referring to the bracket that allows these quivers to adapt to the TAC15 / 15i's, I'm referring to the quivers themselves.

The quivers were produced by a company called "New Dawn" and it seems they have stopped shipping any of their products as of several weeks ago. I tried dozens of distributors nation wide, but have been unable to locate even one of their Vortxx 6 STX quivers in any available Camo finish.

I also tried contacting New Dawn directly and have left messages, but nobody has ever returned any of my calls. Some of New Dawns distributors have stated they are now out of business, so unfortunately this item will probably need to be dropped from your Christmas lists unless somebody can find a new supplier.

I'm not sure what caused them to stop production because it's still one of the best made quivers I've ever used, but it doesn't matter if you can't find one.

Sorry I didn't check on available in stock quantities when I produced my recommendations.

Regards,

Jon

glad to see someone took the initiative to do what the company has lacked to produce. i have remedied that situation also, first quiver would hold 3 arrows and mounted to the holes in the rail, then moved to putting a 6 arrow G5 on the bottom of the rail, the 3 arrow quiver was the bomb and going back to that one as it was stealthier, very well hidden and tight to the rail without getting in the way of cocking mechanism nor trigger hand window, and all broadheads were under aluminium "horizontal riser"??. the guys at the local archery shop want some to sell but the mounting hardware is not up to par yet, but along with all the other projects i am involved with that is the last of my worries...lol

Hi All,
One of our members (The Grunt), has notified me that he has it on good first hand authority directly from Bob Bowers that Bob will have a number of these quivers and his brackets available for those who have ordered one soon.

Experience tells me that if you are interested or need a great crossbow mounted quiver for your TAC Crossbow, I wouldn't delay in contacting Bob and placing an order for one of these set-ups because when they are gone, they will possibly be gone for ever and unless you can machine one yourself it will be hard to duplicate anything even close.

Bob and I have not spoken in the past few weeks because I've been away for a couple of weeks and he's been busy with the hunting season, but if he says he'll have them then you can count on the fact that he'll have them.

Regards,

Jon

Hi sangerboats,
I'm not sure if you've ever been on "Crossbow Nation" website, but it's another internet website dedicated to just crossbow owners. Many of us are members of both websites and find a great deal of value in both sites.

Here is a link to the article on Crossbow Nation which includes a full series of pictures to satisfy your request. In the event you don't have a membership, I'd suggest you open one since it's free and it has a separate membership with different information. Often we have better more detailed information on this forum, but between the two you can cover some additional topics.

They aren't TAC15 dealers or suppliers of any type, but they allow pictures, so there are small differences.

New Detachable Arrow Quiver For TAC Crossbows - Crossbow Nation Forum

Regards,

Jon Henry

Hi Everyone,
I hope everybody is having a productive hunting season so far this year.

I just spoke with Super 91 (Bob Bowers), over the weekend and Bob has informed me that he absolutely will have a limited supply of both the New Dawn 6 STX Quivers and the single quiver brackets for direct mounting on the PSE TAC Crossbows. He was expecting to have everything in stock by yesterday and was planning on filling orders from his list from the top down.

In the event you were waiting to get one of these quivers, but haven't placed an order yet, I would suggest doing so before they are all gone. Bob has a direct agreement with the owners of New Dawn, so he is able to obtain their quivers directly from the manufacturer.

New Dawn has discontinued supplying most of their previous dealers and decided to only deal direct with people who order from them. They did not like the pressure to continually reduce their prices while the middle men kept increasing these prices to the end consumers. They believe direct sales is a much better value for their customers.

Bob will only produce enough brackets and quivers to meet the number of standing orders he has in any given time frame because he must out lay the costs for machining the brackets and paying for the quivers, so he can't stock more than a couple of extras at any given time.

To order email Bob at: [email protected]

Regards,

Jon Henry

Jon, thanks for keeping everyone up to date and well-informed. The brackets are in hand now and I will have quivers in hand next week late in the week provided the mail is on time. With all the USPS cutbacks in our area we might not even get mail here soon it seems!!

Anyway, I will be going down the e-mail list and anyone who has emailed me will receive an e-mail with pricing and so forth. I am not going to advertise prices and so forth here as I want to respect Len's site.

Thanks everyone for your interest!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.