New T/C Encore barrel on the way :)

Am I understanding MGM attached the lug for you?

Do you save any money by sending them a blank?

MGM did indeed weld on the lug, in addition to turning down the diameter of the chamber end of the barrel. MGM also cut to length, crowned the barrel as well as fit the scope base to a half round half octagon shape under the scope base.

For me there was a bit of savings. It really comes down to what you have in your own blank vs which blank you choose from MGM. Some of MGM's blanks are not expensive in the big picture, while they also offer upper level blanks as well.

So it really is hard to say what savings you might have. My savings were minimal, but I did save some money.

In my case, I have a premium quality cut rifled blank (MGM to my knowledge only offers button rifled blanks) that I know the history of and have comfort in knowing that my barrel is top shelf quality.

Regards
Rog

Got to the range for a bit today.

So far I'm quite pleased with my 30-338 WM. seems to like IMR4350, WLR and the Berger 175 VLD.

F29FA444-3642-4F02-8EB9-0C7F37DC8388-6394-00000A7C0B3D8237_zps0cf7a67a.jpg

Didn't chrono this group but later confirmed the velocity right at 2850
FPS.

Now, gotta tweek the sight settings.

Regards
Rog

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.