New swaro RF bino first impressions... VS Zeiss RF binos.

The range finding binos with ballistic software are spectacular, unless you are ranging ELR targets. I was all excited about them until I see nothing that will get out past, what, maybe 1200 yds? I'm shooting prairie dogs and marmots (ok mostly shooting at) at ranges to 1400 yds and hope to get out to a mile this fall. Had high hopes for the Leica 3500.com and Kestrel 5700AB but reading way to many issues in lost connectivity between the two. We're soooo close! Come on Leica get this resolved!

Get the ZEISS RFs and be done. Everyone's chasing the RF's when the ZEISS are right in front of them. I've been using for 3 years wel past a mile and they are as good as it gets.

The range finding binos with ballistic software are spectacular, unless you are ranging ELR targets. I was all excited about them until I see nothing that will get out past, what, maybe 1200 yds? I'm shooting prairie dogs and marmots (ok mostly shooting at) at ranges to 1400 yds and hope to get out to a mile this fall. Had high hopes for the Leica 3500.com and Kestrel 5700AB but reading way to many issues in lost connectivity between the two. We're soooo close! Come on Leica get this resolved!
The Zeiss RF's have the best ranging abilities for sure. The swaros are lacking past 1000 for sure.

The Zeiss RF's have the best ranging abilities for sure. The swaros are lacking past 1000 for sure.
Yeah, I can certainly see how that makes it a non-starter for some folks. I haven't shot past 1250 except at a couple of shooting schools and I'm willing to give up ranging that distance for a slimmer gear list when hunting.

Yeah, I can certainly see how that makes it a non-starter for some folks. I haven't shot past 1250 except at a couple of shooting schools and I'm willing to give up ranging that distance for a slimmer gear list when hunting.
100%. I love having it all in one package!

How far out do the el range give range correction ? Zeiss only correct to 1000 yrds right? That bums me out about the range capabilities of the Swarovski. That's a lot of dough for something that doesn't range past 1000 very well.

How far out do the el range give range correction ? Zeiss only correct to 1000 yrds right? That bums me out about the range capabilities of the Swarovski. That's a lot of dough for something that doesn't range past 1000 very well.
No the Zeiss gives ballistics pretty dang far. I can't remember exactly. At least 1300 though. I'm honestly disappointed in the swaros ranging ability as well.

Ended up returning the Swaro's today. The rangefinding and ergonomics just left too much to be desired for a brand new bino. Ranging was spotty past 900 yards (just my personal experience) and the bellies underneath aren't cutting it for me. Going back to the Zeiss. Just an update.

Ended up returning the Swaro's today. The rangefinding and ergonomics just left too much to be desired for a brand new bino. Ranging was spotty past 900 yards (just my personal experience) and the bellies underneath aren't cutting it for me. Going back to the Zeiss. Just an update.
Bummer.

For the price there really shouldn't be anything left to be desired. Sucks to hear this I was ready to pull the trigger on a pair

For the price there really shouldn't be anything left to be desired. Sucks to hear this I was ready to pull the trigger on a pair
That's how I felt as well. They were GOOD but not GREAT. And I just felt like they were lacking for the price and the latest technology. I just don't think swaro is up to date on the electronic side of things.

Starting to see misinformation on this thread. Anyhow, the ZEISS will give a ballistic readout at every range. So if you range a rock at 2400 yards, it will give you the dope for it. If you range 2800 yards, it again will give you a whatever crazy MOA it would be. They are still the best RF's out there.

I had read the same thing about the Leica on the launch. Based on that hesitancy, my dealer gave me a money back guarantee for 15 days the try the 3200.com w the Kestrel Link. Happy to report the connection has been awesome. The range is somewhat limited due to both having magnesium housings, but as long as both are on your person, I've seen zero issues. The guys trying to use it with the kestrel weather vane vane from 30 yards away def still have issues, but for my application it's worked as advertised.

Starting to see misinformation on this thread. Anyhow, the ZEISS will give a ballistic readout at every range. So if you range a rock at 2400 yards, it will give you the dope for it. If you range 2800 yards, it again will give you a whatever crazy MOA it would be. They are still the best RF's out there.
Yeah I corrected him that the 1000 yard limit was false. They definitely give calculations past that. But I didn't know what the extended limit was. I could have sworn I have ranged stuff at 2000+ yards and it didn't give an MOA readout. I had them for 2 years. And I have them again now haha.

Thanks! Yeah that's why there was a question mark and not a period at the end of my question so not sure where misinformation is. Probably going with Zeiss after reading this thread. Thanks folks.

Recent Posts