NEW stock

cva54

Going to restock my 700 .308 and was wondering if any one out there has ever used or heard about Richards Microfit Gunstocks. Looking at that dual grip thumbhole laminated. Any info would be great

I used one of their laminate stocks on a Birthday present to keep my costs and time way down and I have no complaints! The 99 percent stocks take more work than you might think, particularly the barrel channel and float. The thumb hole models always seem to fit a a different persons hand and might require some help no matter who manufactures the stock! What a person receives and ends up with as a completed stock is still up to the hands that complete it. Laminates are inexpensive and I prefer them to composites of the same price range. And yes they can shoot as good and problem free as any other material!

I am going to have a gunsmith/gun shop inlet it with piller bedding. I understand that it comes with no fninish on it. So might as well have the chercking satin fnish lenght of pull all done at the same time. I still got to get my LOP figyerd out probley have stock made that way so it's right. Not that far yet. But Iam glade to hear that it works good.

The microfits are do it yourself stocks for some one with lots of time on there hands.

Lots of sanding and fitting which a gunsmith will charge you for, there are much better choices unless you need a winter project.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.