New squirrel rifle

I like to shoot a few rounds just to check function and grouping, and then do my normal tune-up stuff before wasting more ammo.

That includes:
Bolt work
Bedding
Trigger job
Barrel to stock clearance of at least .050"
Recrown if needed
Any other needed accurizing work
I like buying a new stock, trigger, barrel, before I have even shot a gun then spending an exorbitant amount of money on scope, mounts and rings….because I am basically Tim Allen from Home Improvement

I like to shoot a few rounds just to check function and grouping, and then do my normal tune-up stuff before wasting more ammo.

That includes:
Bolt work
Bedding
Trigger job
Barrel to stock clearance of at least .050"
Recrown if needed
Any other needed accurizing work
Spoken by a true rifleman. I do the same with every rifle I buy.

I have a CZ452 in 22 LR, a 452 in 22 WMR and a 455 in 17 HMR. All excellent shooters! But none of my timber can compare to yours!
I installed a Yo Dave trigger spring and bushing set in each that set the pull at 2 1/2 lbs which really helped my old trigger finger.
The 17 HMR will put 5 shots in 3/4" at 100 yards. The 22 WMR will put 5 in 1 1/8 ".
Never did any more tweeking other than the Yo Dave work. This was my test to find the best ammo in the 452 22 LR:
1670591579508.jpeg

I have a CZ452 in 22 LR, a 452 in 22 WMR and a 455 in 17 HMR. All excellent shooters! But none of my timber can compare to yours!
I installed a Yo Dave trigger spring and bushing set in each that set the pull at 2 1/2 lbs which really helped my old trigger finger.
The 17 HMR will put 5 shots in 3/4" at 100 yards. The 22 WMR will put 5 in 1 1/8 ".
Never did any more tweeking other than the Yo Dave work. This was my test to find the best ammo in the 452 22 LR:
View attachment 416480
Good results. Nice to hear from someone who has set up a trigger so that it will not be actuated by a light breeze🙂! Cheers from NZ🇳🇿!

Got my new rifle the other day. Cz 457 american. Bought it on line. Sure has some nice wood on it. Don't know if i want to take it in the woods. Hope it shoots as good as it looks. View attachment 255095
Yeah, CZ will occasionally throw a real beauty out there. You got one of them. Their finish dulls the appearance though. If you were to strip and then oil finish that beauty it will be a real stunner!

In my opinion, no, that pressure point should not be there.
I had that same problem with a Savage stock so I bedded it and added two 3/16" threaded steel rods to the forearm with the bedding. I centered the barrel with a removable plastic wedge while the epoxy was almost set up with its hour set-up time. Problem solved, barrel centered and all is good, along with consistent accuracy.

I want to blood this on on squirrels one day soon. Hope to make it happen in 2023.
Yazoser!
Beautiful Rig!!!! Sure hope that you chambered in at least .416 Rigby
We have a huge population of squirrels here in GA but beware of the ZOMBIE Squirrels. They may get you before you get a shot off!

Attachments

• Georgia Squirrels waiting for a treat.png
    Georgia Squirrels waiting for a treat.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 106