New Sig Sauer Scope/Range Finder/ Binos powerd by Applied Ballistics

DocUSMCRetired

NEWINGTON, N.H., (May 4, 2018) – The SIG SAUER Electro-Optics division today unveiled their all new Ballistic Data Xchange (BDX) rangefinders and riflescopes with integrated Applied Ballistics® and wireless Bluetooth® technology. This groundbreaking BDX technology enables interoperability and key ballistic holdover information to be exchanged wirelessly between SIG SAUER BDX Electro-Optics products. The foundation of the BDX system was designed for simplicity and ease of use. SIG SAUER BDX requires no new learning, and uses the same tools hunters and shooters have been using for years.

PRESS-RELEASE-BDX-700x525.jpg

How does BDX work? The BDX rangefinder and riflescope system is simple, fast, and intuitive. Simply download the "SIG BDX" app available for Android or iOS smartphones, pair the KILO BDX rangefinder and SIERRA3BDX riflescope, set up a basic ballistic profile, and then you're ready to shoot or hunt. Once you are in the field, range your target as you normally would, and the KILO BDX rangefinder will utilize onboard Applied Ballistics Ultralight™ to instantly send your dope to the scope via Bluetooth. Using your basic ballistic profile the ballistic solution is calculated for your target and will instantly illuminate on the BDX-R1 Digital Ballistic Reticle with windage and elevation holds in the SIERRA3BDX riflescope. A blue LED on the riflescope power selector indicates that the BDX system is paired, and when the reticle has received new ballistic holdover and windage data from the rangefinder.

"Rangefinding riflescopes of the past have had two major shortcomings: they are either big, boxy and heavy, or extremely expensive," said Andy York, president, SIG SAUER Electro-Optics. "The revolutionary and affordable BDX system packs advanced ballistics technology into a simple platform that looks just like the rangefinder and riflescope that every hunter is using today. It is extremely simple to use; range a target, put the digital ballistic holdover dot on target, pull the trigger, impact. Incredibly accurate and extremely simple, just connect the dot."

The BDX family of rangefinders includes: KILO1400BDX, KILO1800BDX, KILO2200BDX, KILO2400BDX, and KILO3000BDX rangefinder binocular. These rangefinders include many of the legacy features that the KILO name was built on: Lightwave DSP™ digital rangefinder engine, Hyperscan™ with 4 times per second scan rate, RangeLock™, and the Lumatic™ auto-adjusting display.

KILO BDX Rangefinders starting at $299.99 MSRP
SIERRA3BDX Riflescopes starting at $599.99 MSRP

Available at dealers July, 2018.

I checked your site but found nothing about a "KILO3000BDX rangefinder binocular". Please provide a link. Thanks.

Will there be AB versions?

I checked your site but found nothing about a "KILO3000BDX rangefinder binocular". Please provide a link. Thanks.

Will there be an AB version - with the full AB app, like the KILO2400ABS?

BTW, will the BDX models include a tripod mount socket?

What you see here is all that is currently authorized for release.

More information will come in the next 90 days.

I got an email about pre-order from MidwayUSA today and have been looking into these.
Question- How does the 2400 BDX compare to the 2400 ABS?

Curious if there is scan capability-meaning a moving animal, with one person on the rifle, one on the bino/rangefinder, waiting for the target to stop?

It will be good to see a bino/rangefinder in that price range, if the glass is decent.

Per midwayusa.com (LRF, binos not listed yet):
  • HyperScan technology provides 4 range updates per second in scan mode while RangeLock reports the last range result when ranging distant targets

Thank you!

I seem to be missing where the info comes from. I Googled it and came up with rangefinders, but not the combo.

I got an email about pre-order from MidwayUSA today and have been looking into these.
Question- How does the 2400 BDX compare to the 2400 ABS?

Different Electronics and Software inside. The current model for sale has Applied Ballistics Ultralite™ with Same ranging capability.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.