new scope

Hello I'm new to LRH. I have Remington 700 sps varmint came in 22-250. the rifle shoot under 1/2 inch group at 100 yds very good considering the cost of the rifle. It came with a 4x12x40 scope is just the one it came with Bushnell style ok for 100 yds shoots but i would like to up grade the scope. The only thing is that I don't have much money. Do any of u shooters give or used a decent affordable scope I would like 8-24 or something along them lines. Thanks.

ive got the same rifle but in .223. mine will also hold under 1" most of the time ittl shoot around .75 but with a better shooter at the helm ittl probably shoot even closer that. anyway if your looking for a fairly inexpensive scope i would go with the vortex viper 6.5x20x44 at cameralandny.com mine was 289 and i couldnt be happier. in fact with the new scope i just shot .925 at 200 yds for a 3 shot group.

im not sure the radical but im thinking you meant retical, as for that im pretty sure they called it the v plex and thats the only one thats 289. basically its a fine standard crosshair. if your using it to hunt it will work fine youll just have to learn to dial in your drops instead of holding over

Hey ya sorry about the misspelling my dam phone's auto spell. I do some chuck hunting and paper and even bring out for deer season. I looked one the web site they are a nice scope sill maybe a little pricey for me.

Optics should cost as much or more than the rifle. If you cant afford a good scope, save your pennies until you can at least step into the Viper PST range. If you dont, your just gonna be throwing your money out the door.

Go to swfa.com. Look at the Mueller, millet gold buck or tactical, Nikon buckmaster, and the vortex diamondback. Swfa SS line of scopes is something to consider. I have owned 2 Nikon buckmaster. I currently own the 4.5x14x40. It is a nice scope for the money.

I don't know what type of budget you are talking about, but Cabelas has a sale on Nikon Monarchs and Buckmasters right now. Check out my post in the Optics For Sale section. I was able to get a 4x16 Monarch for $299 and I think the 5x20's are $350 right now, which is way cheaper. The Buckmasters are very cheap as well. Just use AD-xxxx for the item number (you'll see what I mean if you look at my post). I only posted the Monarch item number, but it works for the Buckmaster as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.