New Scope! Zeiss LRP S3 6-36

I retracted nothing. The March lost zero. I won't run one again. I don't care if it's due to weak internals or a weak tube not holding zero is a scope not worth using. I'll repeat, the issue with tested with the scope attached is the rings move. Causation is not correlation. I can smack the rings and see reticle shift. This is another topic of discussion and one I'm still searching for permanent resolution.
My apologies. I must've read it wrong. Thought you said it shifted 1 MOA or so after your testing, and then a few months later someone asked about the failure review and you said it was a dismounting/remounting issue. I don't know where the thread was. But I read it in depth before I tested any March's lol.

My apologies. I must've read it wrong. Thought you said it shifted 1 MOA or so after your testing, and then a few months later someone asked about the failure review and you said it was a dismounting/remounting issue. I don't know where the thread was. But I read it in depth before I tested any March's lol.
March found "no failure". I wouldn't rule March as far as a different model out but I would test. Leupold acknowledged the failure and repaired it.

March found "no failure". I wouldn't rule March as far as a different model out but I would test. Leupold acknowledged the failure and repaired it.
Okay gotcha! So you've seen consistent enough POI repeatability to feel confident in unmounting and remounting a scope via the lower rail connection, to a pic rail, to feel that's a satisfactory test method?

Yeah I shot an FX 4.5-28 all last season. A lot of field use on 4 hunts. Spent 7 days and 300 miles in the back of the side by side vibrating to crab in Nebraska. Never budged zero in the 4 months prior to, during, and after season. A buddy's Mark 5 shifted zero by 2" the very first day riding in the back of the side side lol.

I'm getting too old for drama. I'm just telling others what I've found. Do what you want with the info.

Amazing how RS can cause drama and derail threads on other forums besides its own. Lol
Haha I don't think this is drama. Testing scopes is very intriguing to me and I like learning about it. Even if the testing isn't deemed reliable or repeatable by some. I still like the additional info to make my own conclusions and decisions lol.

I'm getting too old for drama. I'm just telling others what I've found. Do what you want with the info.
Totally agree man. I wasn't trying to cause drama. But I know you've done a lot of testing in a different manner, and I was curious about that info as well.

Haha I don't think this is drama. Testing scopes is very intriguing to me and I like learning about it. Even if the testing isn't deemed reliable or repeatable by some. I still like the additional info to make my own conclusions and decisions lol.

But this isn't a thread on RS scope testing. I know. I started this thread. 😉

@Rob01 have you had anymore time behind the 4-25? Im seriously considering one. I'd like to hear more opinions on them and your thoughts after more use. The price range is pretty appealing being the same as the leupold mark 5 basically.

@Rob01 have you had anymore time behind the 4-25? Im seriously considering one. I'd like to hear more opinions on them and your thoughts after more use. The price range is pretty appealing being the same as the leupold mark 5 basically.

Not with the 4-25 yet but heading to the range Wednesday or Thursday so will let you know after that. Just from mounting and setting it up and dry firing on some targets at the house I am very happy with the overall experience with the scope as I was with the 6-36. Would have to be something really bad to drop my opinion like not tracking which will be checked soon.

Is this the same scope that crashed and burned in the RS drop tests?

Yup but I don't take anything there seriously. Got people I know who have been using these scopes hard for 6 months now and never had a turret pop off. ;)

Yo guys - this thread devolved quickly - the S3 is NOT the scope that had a turret pop off on RS. That was the S5. The S3 has not been tested yet but it will soon be.

Last edited:
I got out today with the 4-25 for an initial zero and shooting out to 1000 to check data. I looked at the parallax at the 300 yard and out range and it actually worked well when transitioning. 300-500 yard is close and not a lot of adjustment needed. When I went from 600 to 1000 it was basically the same. Set at 1000 I could come in and see and impact 600 yards without issue. I did have the parallax set at the block just before the white block at infinity at 1000 on the parallax knob. It was actually the same setting for the 4-25 and 6-36 at 1000. I have a match in 2 weeks I will be shooting with the 4-25 and will have targets out to 1600 yards so will be interested to see how it does that deep.

It was a pretty hot and humid day and the mirage was cooking today but the glass did very well with it. I put it next to my buddy's ZCO with both set at 25x and the ZCO we both thought it was close but the ZCO was a little better cutting the mirage as most would expect. Had no problem seeing and hitting the piece of shot up grey 6" steel at 550 yards today so The Zeiss did a good job.

I also ended up with about 37 mils of elevation with the 4-25 in a 20 moa mount on a 20 moa base. I didn't notice any shadowing in the edges when topped out in elevation. If I put it on my 40 MOA on the Vudoo I should be able to dial out past 600 yards with the .22LR. That's nice! ;)