New scope has me confused

None of the 4 pages so far matter one **** bit until you get a good average velocity number. From there it takes 35 seconds to get you a dope chart to as far as you want.

Figure out how fast those bullets are going then come back. Or download strelok and plug it in yourself.
I'll probably run it across the magneto speed this weekend and get some real numbers I've got an awesome load worked up for it but I just don't know how fast they are. Personally I really don't care what the feet per second is just as long as they fall in the same or near the same hole every time. I do understand I need accurate speed numbers to work some math to find my dope. I've got the load just need the speed. Those are 2 different 5 shot 100 yd groups
936A2067-A55C-4A5A-A4DF-D3CFAB313C81.jpeg

I'll probably run it across the magneto speed this weekend and get some real numbers I've got an awesome load worked up for it but I just don't know how fast they are. Personally I really don't care what the feet per second is just as long as they fall in the same or near the same hole every time. I do understand I need accurate speed numbers to work some math to find my dope. I've got the load just need the speed. Those are 2 different 5 shot 100 yd groupsView attachment 296424
Are those inch squares?
Cm squares?
1/2" squares?

I've used Hornady's ballistic chart a lot, just google it. Plug in your velocity that you get, your other variables it asks for, and it will spit out your clicks in either MOA or Mils. You'll have to convert to meters/cm's to get figures for your scope. Maybe one of the other ballistic apps will do everything in metric, don't know about others. If you use Hornady I'd print out the results to the longest distance you figure on shooting. Just like any ballistics chart, you'll be CLOSE. You SHOULD true up the comeups by shooting known distances and verifying the figures. I can shoot 800 yds on my home range so I've done that every 100 yds up to 800.

I really think you're working at a disadvantage with that scope.

The easiest way for me to interpret and apply with any scope is to stick with inches and yards...because that's what I've always done.

I own two different kind of scopes.....starting at 100yds, one scope (MOA based) is 1/4" per click........the other (Mil based) is 1/3" per click.
Of course the actual movement is slightly more but the calculator will do the math for us as the distances change.

Moving on, at 200yds I simply double the click measurement......so the MOA scope= 1/2" per click while the mil scope is 2/3" per click.

-300yds (I triple the original click value) so MOA= 3/4" per click, Mil scope= 1"/click

-400yds (original click value times 4) MOA=1"/click, Mil= 1 1/3"/click

There are many ballistic calculators available, and you can input your specific data and it will do the drops for you.
Last and most important, verify those drops out to your max yardage......
I'm sure converting everything to Mil would be a great way to go....but the one thing that doesn't seem to be willing (to convert) is an old brain that's been working in inch/yard mode for the last 40 years.
Good luck.

That's great advice, but, that's the problem the OP is going to have with this scope. Look at the scope link he provided. It's a metric based scope. The turrets are graduated in cm's! Everything he does is going to have to be converted from yards/inches to meters/cm's. Or, vice versa. You can throw out all the MOA/Mil rhetoric you want, you're still going to have to convert everything.

That's great advice, but, that's the problem the OP is going to have with this scope. Look at the scope link he provided. It's a metric based scope. The turrets are graduated in cm's! Everything he does is going to have to be converted from yards/inches to meters/cm's. Or, vice versa. You can throw out all the MOA/Mil rhetoric you want, you're still going to have to convert everything.
Aww fiddlesticks....I should have looked at his scope before I wrote that long essay.
I guess bottom line is he needs to figure out how much of an inch is represented by each click....do it for 100yds and then just multiply for the yardage needed.
The ballistic apps really make it easy. The issues occur when your drops don't match up and you're left trying to figure out if it's you, the rifle, or the info you entered.
Sometimes it's nice hunting in the mountains of Va, where any shot over 75-100yds is considered a long range poke.

Aww fiddlesticks....I should have looked at his scope before I wrote that long essay.
I guess bottom line is he needs to figure out how much of an inch is represented by each click....do it for 100yds and then just multiply for the yardage needed.
The ballistic apps really make it easy. The issues occur when your drops don't match up and you're left trying to figure out if it's you, the rifle, or the info you entered.
Sometimes it's nice hunting in the mountains of Va, where any shot over 75-100yds is considered a long range poke.
Actually with that scope each click equals 1cm @100. And 1cm equals .36"......so you use 1/3".
I have a Leica scope and it's the same way....but they were kind enough to list both measurements on the turret.

not sure what size they are. It was muddy and it was a clean target so i just shot it. The hole is .264" so long as they are all touching like that in each group who cares LOL
If they are cm squares you can go up 8 clicks and put the groups about 3 cm above bull.

Here is a chart for 100 grain velocities. Better than nothing. Barely better. LOL

Anyway if you search web enough you can surely come up with ballistic chart.

Here is what I did for a buddy of mine. Took his 300 win mag (zero experience on my part) loaded some up then went by Winchester 180 grain factory drop chart.

I put it about 1.75" high at 100. Then took 3 shots at 400. I used the chart to dial in 5 moa(20 inches at 400 using Winchester data on box). My hand loads were a shade hotter and only needed 4 MOA at 400.
So in about 9 shots I had it MOD at 400.
(minute of deer)

DONT LAUGH this is my first go round on this Mil stuff. Bought this last week and im fairly confused now. All my Swarvosky scopes have inch incroments and this thing has mils? it is super clear and bright at night and I have it sighted in at 100 dead center at the zero stop now. How many "clicks" (roughly) will I need for 2,3,4 and 500 yards? I need a good website link to figure this out. Ill make a chart after I figure it out. Gun is a short 16.5" 6.5cm shooting 100gr varmint bullets. No idea how fast they are. I haven had time to put the magneato speed on it yet.

You can use JBM ballistic or Bullet Flight M to make a chart. I use both. I like JBM because it will give me the energy down range at distance. ( I like that for hunting) I use the Bullet Flight M app also from Knights Armament its very similar to what I used in the military on my Trimble. You'll pay for that app but it's worth every penny.

Here is a pic from Bullet Flight M app as well.

Attachments

• F6C261C1-1E1D-40F4-A164-BE73790F1935.png
    F6C261C1-1E1D-40F4-A164-BE73790F1935.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 59
Actually with that scope each click equals 1cm @100. And 1cm equals .36"......so you use 1/3".
I have a Leica scope and it's the same way....but they were kind enough to list both measurements on the turret.
To add further to the confusion: 1 cm does NOT equal .36 inch, as many have stated on this thread.
1 cm = .3937 inch (1 cm/ 2.54 cm/inch). I usually round it to .4 inch for practical purposes, and would think it would suffice for OP's distances he wants to shoot.
Nonetheless, after entering his starting data into a ballistic calculator, he should true his ballistics by verifying the drop of his bullets at the different distances he wants to shoot (as has been stated so many times by members of this forum). Only then will he have a reliable DOPE chart.