• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED New scope for hunting...

Nubba0681

I'm looking for a scope for a new hunting rig I just completed. Max shot will be 500 yards or so. If it matters it's going on a 300wsm. I'm going to stick with a sfp scope and I want a reticle that's not too "busy". I can deal with an moar that nightforce has but nothing more than that. I'm wanting bigger than a 1" tube. Prefer a 50mm or better. Looking for my lower end to be 3-4x magnification. Higher end being at least 16. Weight doesn't really matter beings I can afford to add a little beings it's a titanium action, carbon barrel.
Have been looking at the vx5hd in the 4-20. Vx6hd in 4-24 but can't justify the price differences in just holding them and looking through them in a store... any feedback on that would be nice.
Also heard NF was releasing the NX8 in sfp sometime this year. Anybody give me a time frame on this beings I can't find the info on my own?
I have also been considering the ATACR. I'm up in the air with no rush beings season is practically a year away. But I cannot stand having a naked gun!!! Any feedback and or pointers are very much appreciated it.
looking to stay around $2k. Nothing over that.

ADB0B57D-C401-4310-9C37-107112A22261.jpeg
You'll never get an idea of optical clarity in the store.
The VX5,6 HD lines are rather impressive compared to previous offerings. NF is no slouch either.
I mounted a vx5hd 4-20 on my .223 plinker yesterday. The edge to edge clarity as well as brightness and resolution were stunning.

View attachment 169305 You'll never get an idea of optical clarity in the store.
The VX5,6 HD lines are rather impressive compared to previous offerings. NF is no slouch either.
I mounted a vx5hd 4-20 on my .223 plinker yesterday. The edge to edge clarity as well as brightness and resolution were stunning.
That's been at the top of the list so far...

I have 4-16x44 viper hst vmr1 moa scope. Have everything it comes with from factory and some vortex defender flipcaps for it. 400$ shipped. I have it on 7 mag right now

I've got a Swaro X5i 3-18x50 for sale that's right in your price range.

I've got a Swaro X5i 3-18x50 for sale that's right in your price range.

$?

Sorry, that's a link to the post in the classified's here with pictures and a full description. It's at $2000 right now.

Interested in a nib vx6hd 3-18x44 with Boon & Crocket reticle. Illuminated with scope caps? . If you are wondering about the 44mm vs 50mm. The field of view is exactly the same. Just 44mm sits lower on your rifle = better cheek weld.

Last edited:
Interested in a nib vx6hd 3-18x44 with Boon & Crocket reticle. Illuminated with scope caps? . If you are wondering about the 44mm vs 50mm. The field of view is exactly the same. Just 44mm sits lower on your rifle = better cheek weld.
I have both of them. The 44 doesn't gather as much light at dawn/dusk as the 50. I git am extra 10 minutes of shooting light from the 50.

I've got a Bushnell Forge 2.5-15x50 moa/moa and an SWFA 3-15x42 mil/mil. PM me if interested in either of them.

I have both of them. The 44 doesn't gather as much light at dawn/dusk as the 50. I git am extra 10 minutes of shooting light from the 50.
I would agree 100% that a 50mm objective takes in more light. Its a no brainer. That being said, the scope arrived in the mail today and i just happened to get home just before dark. By the time i unboxed it and looked through it it was pretty dark outside. Well past shooting light. I was easily able to see anything i pointed at out to 800ish yards. Crosshairs had great definition. Didnt have the battery in it and dont see why i got illuminated as it doesnt need it. Perhaps when i get older i will need "more light" but for now its great!

Bushnell Tactical Elite 3.5-21x50, 34mm tube, FFP non illuminated Horus H59 reticle, mil adjustments, Vortex 2pc rings, Kestrel 4500 weather meter with Horus ATRAG Ballistics. Scope with rings weighs about 3 pounds. $1,600.00