New scale

I think calling RCBS would be worth while. They can probably repair it. I've always been very pleased with their customer support. I can also recommend the Chargemaster Lite if you want to go with electronic powder measure. Very happy with mine. I am of the camp that a beam scale is still a must have though if for no other reason than to keep a check on the electronic scales.

I use an Ohaus bean scale for 40 years now. I wouldn't trade it for love nor money. I over the years purchase 2 more on Ebay, but can be expensive. My boys each have one now. I set up powder measures to bump my charge then finish it off on the scale. If you run of of power then what do you do?

12 years ago my RCBS 5-10 got pushed off the side of my bench wrecking it. I immediately found 5-10 scales on Craig's list and Ebay. I went with a Craig's List posting and when I got to the address I found a recent widow selling off her husband's reloading stuff. She had two 5-10 scales and wanted $50 each. I brought a set of check weights with me and the scales were perfect and had boxes and covers. She also had Uniflow powder measures with micrometer adjustments, Primers, Powder, and a stockpile of Nosler & Berger Bullets. She also had a stockpile of 12ga shotgun hulls, wads, primers and powder and a MEC600 loader. To get to the point I went for a scale and bought two, I ended up giving her a deposit for all of it and came back the next day with $2300 cash. She also had a Browning BT-99 in that mix for $800. Some of the stuff I never used but was good trade fodder at the range. Back to scales. I've since got a Rangemaster lite and am happy with it but I still find myself checking chargeweights with the Beam Balance. Just old school I guess.

Hello all,
My son was throwing the basketball the other day and accidentally smashed my reloading scale. I have been running a RCBS 5-0-2 for 20 years or better so I haven't kept up with the new technology.

So..... I need a new scale. I have been searching for reviews but really can't make heads or tails of it. I prefer the beam type, but I'm open to any recommendations.
Thanks in advance.
I have a 5-0-2 scale rarely used you can have for postage 15.00 for priority box. Phone 847 six three six 4095

A&D fx 120i scale
Of the many items purchased to accurately and efficiently reload this is the one purchase I would unequivocally recommend

I ordered a Lyman pocket digital scale earlier this morning from Amazon. Will be here tomorrow. I don't have much room on my bench and I need something to weigh a bullet or whatever. I'm bad about leaving a bullet on my bench and not sure which box it goes in. I bet I'm not the only one.

I think for grins find my old beam scales I have in storage and see how my RCBS Chargemaster lite stacks up. Its right on with my Lyman digital scale.

I've had a Hornady Lock n Load electronic scale for a while now and it has always been rock steady until recently. After taking it apart and blowing out the fine powder flecks, it is now good as new. So glad because the prices really jumped on these things. Good luck with your search.

Basketball in the reloading room? Well, if your son is still alive....I guess you will have to reward him for the chance to upgrade your equipment. To wife, "It was an accident Hon!" To son, (Wink, Wink!)

I have a Lyman electronic scale my wife bought me a few years ago and find it to be frustrating. I expected better accuracy than my 50 year-old Lyman beam scale (D7) and Redding powder measure because it cost multiple times more money. It's not. It usually is within plus or minus 0.1 grains of set-weight, but not always. It's also sensitive to any air movement and power fluctuation. It's wonky to setup and takes many minutes to "warm up." My powder measure is much faster and just as accurate with ball and flake powders. If I use the electronic scale now days, it's just to throw the initial charge into my beam scale pan where I then trickle powder to my desired load weight. You might want to borrow and test-drive one before you layout the cash. Good luck with whatever you chose.

Hello all,
My son was throwing the basketball the other day and accidentally smashed my reloading scale. I have been running a RCBS 5-0-2 for 20 years or better so I haven't kept up with the new technology.

So..... I need a new scale. I have been searching for reviews but really can't make heads or tails of it. I prefer the beam type, but I'm open to any recommendations.
Thanks in advance.
I have the RCBS charge master 1500 and it's a very accurate scale, a little on the pricey side. But if your budget allows it, it is a nice scale for the money. My cousin has the Frankford platinum intelli-dropper scale and says that it is super accurate. Not sure if this helps, but those are a couple of good scales to consider.

I put my Lyman digital back in the box and bought Lyman pocket scale from Amazon, will be here tomorrow. Not that I will use that over my Chargemaster Lite, but I need a small scale that doesn't take up much room in the event I need to weight a bullet or check a charge on my Chargemaster.
As much as I like to reload for whatever reason. I may rig up to reload at my lake house which is close to where I hunt. I'd like to rig up a box and set a small press up on my vise if I need to load a few rounds. I've go probalby two of everything except another press. I gave my old RCBS Rockchucker Jr. away years back when I bought the big lee press to load 416 Rigby. I may post portable reloading box ideas. I bet someone has done it.

get that 505 from butter bean that's a great scale that's what I use. I wouldn't even think about an electronic scale too slow for me if u use ball powder no reason for it. as long as you don't go below half a hopper in the powder measure it never changes the charge.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.