New Savage 7MM STW

HRstretch

I just had to shoot it. So I slapped on a weaver one piece base, an old Tasco World Class 3X9 and found the only box of factory bullets on the west side of Houston and went to the range.

Since the factory lawyers trigger pull of at least 10#'s and the quality of the scope I was just wanting to hit paper. Since I was not expecting much that is what I got. Afer making sure I was on paper from pore sighting at 50 yards I went to the 100 yard range and put 8 more on paper. They were all at horizontal center line and went in a 3" arc around the center X. I did hit center once put that must of been me pulling off because of the trigger. (LOL) The factory butt pad has got to go and There is also a pressure point at the tip of the forarm and one more just down from the action. I plan on getting another stock but in the mean time I will free float the barrel chamber, maybe enbed a couple of rods into the forearm, skim bed the action, put on a better butt pad ( my shoulder will appreciate this during the next few range trips for load development) and maybe add some weight to the butt of the stock. With the heavy varmint barrel it tips forward easy. I have a Millet 6X25X56 AO Varmint scope coming and will pick up some dies next week. Not a 1/2" MOA out of the box but that will change soon.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa151/HRstretch/PICT0068.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa151/HRstretch/PICT0056.jpg

You will like the 7 MM STW .

I Love my two 7 MM STW Rifles .

have you thought about reloading for the 7 MM STW .

I have a rem 700 being Built in 7 MM STW an 7 lbs gun .

My first two 7 MM STW rifles is 14 lbs guns .

Redbone

Yes, I will be reloading for this gun, as well as, my other guns. I will be getting my scope in this week and will order some dies tonight. I plan on working the trigger this weekend when I get back from a business trip.

I plan on putting a lamanite stock on it as well.

This being a Savage, I also plan on ordering other barrels to switch out as well. the first barrel to buy after the stock will be a 257 STW.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.