New Savage 110 Ultralite with Proof CF Barrels

Bottom metal appears to be aluminum as well and not a plastic insert

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 183
It's a short action 4.4

6.5 PRC in Savage short action isn't the compromise folks make it out to be. Savage mags allow for nearly 3" COAL. Even at 2.945" COAL, factory 147 ELD-M shoot great in a 0.188 freebore. And Berger 156 EOLs shoot great out to 0.130" jump, which is shorter than Savage mag length in a 0.188" freebore.

Try out the 147 factory rounds and I think you'll be quite pleased.

Last edited:
6.5 PRC in Savage short action isn't the compromise folks make it out to be. Savage mags allow for nearly 3" COAL. Even at 2.945" COAL, factory 147 ELD-M shoot great in a 0.188 freebore. And Berger 156 EOLs shoot great out to 0.130" jump, which is shorter than Savage mag length in a 0.188" freebore.

Try out the 147 factory rounds and I think you'll be quite pleased.

I was planning on it being a switch barrel and the other barrel being a 300prc

Finally able to take the 30-06 Ultralight out to do some long range shooting over 2 days. In total, 80 rounds through the pipe and it was shooting venn diagrams out of the box.

Had two new rifles, Bergara HMR 65cm and this. The Bergara needed about 80 rounds to break-in and started at 1.25 MOA. The Savage was tight right out of the box. For awareness, I was using a little bastard gen 3 MB.

No chrono but after putting some rounds through it developed a solid chart and based on data, is shooting 2770 with Hornady ELDX 178. Took the Savage out to 1040 (9.1 mils) and showed itself to be spot on in intermittent winds between 3-9 mph. I was hitting targets center (bipod/rear bag) with 1 or 2 shots at 460, 600, 720, 880, and 1040. Talking wind calls, which were challenging, with experienced shooters. In total, about 80 rounds through the pipe (need to add it up).

Extremely pleased.

Bergara took some time and I had to develop several charts-mixing lots didn't help. Took it out to 880 on day 1, 1200 on day 2 and then late on day 2 decided to go for 1700. After about 15 rounds (holding 8.5 mils over and anywhere from 1 to 2.5 mils for windage) with excellent spotting, finally received the satisfying ding.

Great couple of days. And I know **** about this sport.

A long action would've been nice but I think I can still find a good load to hunt with. But yeah it'd been nice if savage would've went ahead and built the 6.5 PRC on long action. Wish there was more stock options readily available too.