New Savage 110 Ultralite with Proof CF Barrels

I bought one recently from the Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore in 6.5 PRC for $1099.99 with shipping included. Waiting for it to arrive yet.

When you get it can you measure to see if it's a small or large shank and if it's a long or short action?

From what I've read, it seems like they're all built on a long action (which would be awesome) but no one is certain. And if it's a small shank I have a handful of barrels I can swap for different calibers

I built my 300PRC with proof barrel all custom for about $2200. But that includes a carbon fiber stock also that's got the action bedded and numerous other higher end options.

So about $500 more than buying one of these and a decent stock to put it in.

I understand the draw to a full custom, but all of my savages shoot ~1/2 moa or better with off the shelf ammo other than my 375h&h and it shoots ~3/4 moa. All of them shoot that well with multiple brands/weights.

I'd love to own a nice custom, but these dang savages shoot so well that I can't justify it lol

What did you use for an action to get it at that price range? Just an arc nucleus and a proof prefit is ~$1900+ nevermind the stock and labor

Last edited:
So about $500 more than buying one of these and a decent stock to put it in.

I understand the draw to a full custom, but all of my savages shoot ~1/2 moa or better with off the shelf ammo other than my 375h&h and it shoots ~3/4 moa. All of them shoot that well with multiple brands/weights.

I'd love to own a nice custom, but these dang savages shoot so well that I can't justify it lol

I used a stainless Remmy 700 action. $329, barrel was $650. I have a ARC nucleus action on a different high end rifle I own though.

So basically buying a base, base model Savage with a proof barrel screwed on. I just don't know if it's worth spending the extra $550/600 just to say I have a carbon fiber barrel. I think ones money would better spent buying one of their lighter weight rifles with the better Accustock and save the 550/600 for better optics. It's a interesting choice to make though.

Last edited:
So basically buying a base, base model Savage with a proof barrel screwed on.

Except these are factory blueprinted and lightened actions. I thought that the "factory blueprinted" would be a marketing only tactic, but I own 2 of the savage stealth models (factory blueprinted but not lightened) and the 308 averages under 0.5moa while the 338 lapua seems to do about
.375moa (its a little harder for me to shoot consistently thanks to the concussion/recoil)

I'm not trying to take away from full/semi customs or any other brand, just trying to point out that these stand a good chance of being an exceptional shooting gun at an exceptional price point

Except these are factory blueprinted and lightened actions. I thought that the "factory blueprinted" would be a marketing only tactic, but I own 2 of the savage stealth models (factory blueprinted but not lightened) and the 308 averages under 0.5moa while the 338 lapua seems to do about
.375moa (its a little harder for me to shoot consistently thanks to the concussion/recoil)

I'm not trying to take away from full/semi customs or any other brand, just trying to point out that these stand a good chance of being an exceptional shooting gun at an exceptional price point
I did not see on the Savage website they were using blueprinted actions? Are you sure on that? I love all the savages I have also, I have 500 Savage tactical in 6.5 CM that shoots sub half moa.

I did not see on the Savage website they were using blueprinted actions? Are you sure on that? I love all the savages I have also, I have 500 Savage tactical in 6.5 CM that shoots sub half moa.

It's one of the reasons I'm so excited for it

Screenshot_20200405-134338_Chrome.jpg

What would be a reasonable priced, lightweight replacement stock for it.

I'll probably drop it in a savage accustock and be happy honestly. I've had good luck with them, they're fairly light, and this is going to be a working rifle for me, not a pretty rifle lol

Would love the opportunity to get out and shoot but the ranges near me are all closed. I planned to bring it to Nebraska for turkey season to shoot on my lease, but NE closed down the NR hunt season. Eventually...