New Savage 110 Ultralite with Proof CF Barrels

Has anyone determined or TT savage on the barrels? I'm curious if Proof is chambering and threading or if Savage is getting blanks and doing it themselves? Would be good to know. Not sure I want Savage doing it. I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of these in 300WSM but that's the deciding factor.

Has anyone determined or TT savage on the barrels? I'm curious if Proof is chambering and threading or if Savage is getting blanks and doing it themselves? Would be good to know. Not sure I want Savage doing it. I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of these in 300WSM but that's the deciding factor.
All my savages shoot great with factory tubes. My new 6.5 prc sav tactical. Group posted below is amoung the first 16 shots. I wouldn't make that the deal breaker.
IMG_20200321_155338_01.jpg

I have multiple Savage rifles that shoot great. Just so happens the 2 that don't are a 300WSM and a 30-06. I want to know for sure who's chambering and threading before I buy. Too many other options in this price range to even think about worrying about it. I'll call Savage and get the answer.

Got to spend some time handling one of these at the nra show In Harrisburg. Really lightweight! I was able to grab the savage representative when he was away from the booth getting something to eat. He told me that savage feels most people are going to switch out the stocks. They know that most want the action and the barrel. That's why they didn't put the accustock in it. I really want one in 28 nosler though. Hopefully the reports from the first buyers have no problems and I can keep it stock.

Take that group to the house. They will get smaller, I guarantee it. It won't be long either!
The first two shots touched. Then i adjusted the calcedthe amount to zero and shot that group. Then the barrel slowed down after the total five shots from 2955 to 2922 ave for the remainder of the 16 loaded rounds. I was near the lands so the pressure probly reduced with the initial h1000 polish job.

I cant wait to play more but.....
Now my range is coronaed down😰

The first two shots touched. Then i adjusted the calcedthe amount to zero and shot that group. Then the barrel slowed down after the total five shots from 2955 to 2922 ave for the remainder of the 16 loaded rounds. I was near the lands so the pressure probly reduced with the initial h1000 polish job.

I cant wait to play more but.....
Now my range is coronaed down😰
You are well on your way, of all the rifles I've owned and shot, the savages settle down the quickest. The 308, that I had, never copper fouled, and cleaned like a dream from day one, and that was a store special.
Sorry to hear the virus has infected the range. Needs a little lead poisoning!
Good luck with your new prize!

Their accuracy has always been there, I was just a little dis appointed on barrel length, on the 280i. Every savage I've ever owned, shot flies.😀🦌
I would agree with 7stw, you hear complaints about savage but seldom that they won't shoot. I was surprised with the rep at the show saying they expected most to change stocks. Heck that was the first thing I posted way back in this thread, I don't like the stock and would have to change it. They could easily be chambering and rifling the barrel's themselves for cost savings. Be interesting to hear what they tell the member calling them. That is if they are currently operating and manning phones in this business shut down period. IMHO stocks not accuracy has always been a savage weakness. They should use mcmillan more for stocks and trust less in the appeal of their inhouse offerings. Their laminates are fine but weigh a ton, produce or buy a higher quality stock for weight concerns.