New Savage 110 Ultralite with Proof CF Barrels

I've seen a couple listings for this gun pop-up on other sites and then quickly sell. Even all of the listings on guns.deals are out of stock. Does anyone here have any first-hand experience with this new gun, particularly the 6.5 PRC?
I have seen a few hit gunbroker - there was a 300wsm for $1050 the other day. Crazy! Can't wait to hear from somebody who has pulled the trigger!

No you're wrong
I think it's very cool to see manufacturers teaming up to build these rifles and I really was considering one for a bit.
That is untill I started thinking back on all the disappointments I've had with savage in the past..

My first was a model 10 22-250 that couldn't shoot sub moa with a ton of load development.

My second was a lightweight hunter 7-08 that was supposed to weigh like 5.5 lbs but was 6.4 lbs, couldn't group under 1.5" and had the sloppiest bolt I've ever seen.
Plus the receiver was drilled off center so I had to use a special base to get my windage zeroed.

My third savage (yes I'm apparently a slow learner) was a weather warrior 6.5x284.
Seemed good at first untill I went to remove the stock so I could adjust the trigger, turns out the front action screw was totally cross threaded!
I couldn't get the bolt out so I called Savage, they told me I'd have to pay shipping both ways plus labor to fix it because there was no way to prove I didn't cross thread it myself!
I ended up spending close to $100 for a Smith to drill it out and re thread the freaking action.

Anyways maybe I'm just really really unlucky but please foregive my reluctance to pick up savage number 4..

You really are unlucky.

You really are unlucky.
Unlucky beyond anything I've ever heard of. I'm six and counting and nothing like what he post's. I do have one that I'm really working at to get under 1/2" ............ :) Kudo's to savage for producing a carbon barreled lightweight.........in some neat caliber's too. Thing's are gonna get slow for buying $1000.+ guns up in these part's, maybe some will hit the market that old guy's like me can afford.

Last edited:
I havent had any bad luck with savage firearms. But I havent found them to be as willing to bend over backwards as some other manufacturers either.

I helped run a pistol club in college, we had a fleet of early MKIIs with some stupid high round counts. We bought federal 525 22lr packs by the pallet each semester. We maintained them the best we could but eventually they were pretty well chooched. I contacted Ruger to get their advise. They issued an RMA and a shipping label for all 10 mkii. When they got to Arizona they saw they needed serious work, so they sent us 10 loaner MKIIIs asking that we shoot them for the rest of the year as a durability test, since it was a new product line. About a month later we got a call from some dude pretty high in Ruger, asked how the MKIIIs were running and if we were willing to keep them in trade since we had pretty much destroyed the MKIIs with improper assembly and disassembly practices. He also asked when it would be convenient for one of their senior techs to come up and show us how to maintain them properly. I'm not a ruger fanboi, I do have a flat top 44spl, a #1 & a #3; but I am seriously impressed with their service.

The only thing I would change would be the stock, don't like the look (old fashioned I guess) and like a bedding block even at increased weight. I'm sure I could iron out the stock with another but need a large gun buying budget to swing the gun and times are getting tougher right now. I hope to own one at some point though.

Anyone get their hands on one of these yet? I'm probably going to pick one up in .300 wsm when they start to become available. I'd like to hear how they shoot and how fierce the recoil is!

Purchased one in 30-06 and will be picking it up next week. My thought, a great lightweight elk gun.

Will be looking to brake it (APA LB3) and topping with a PST 3-15. Saw & handled them at the NWTF convention in Nashville and was very impressed.

Will be interesting to size the rifle to me during the setup. First time with the Accustock.

Purchased one in 30-06 and will be picking it up next week. My thought, a great lightweight elk gun.

Will be looking to brake it (APA LB3) and topping with a PST 3-15. Saw & handled them at the NWTF convention in Nashville and was very impressed.

Will be interesting to size the rifle to me during the setup. First time with the Accustock.
You will like the ACCUFIT. Unfortunately i dont think youll get the accustock bed block. When ya get it....do us a favor and pull the stock (skrew your trigger adjustment as low as ya can while your in there) and post a pick of the inside of the stock. I'd like to see if it has pillars and what it looks like.

The ACCUFIT/accustock on my 6.5 prc tactical is nice and soft. Im going to skip the brake.