New Savage 110 Ultralite with Proof CF Barrels

How is the fit/finish of these rifles for those that have them? I went into a Cabelas for the first time in over a year last weekend and they handed me a 300wsm and a 270win to look at (I think, can't remember) and both of them the barrel was not aligned well in the channel, and touched the sides of the channel in the stock. Both also had fairly rough actions and would "hang up" at certain places when cycling the bolt.

Granted, these were on display in a Cabelas, and the guy showing them to me couldn't tell me anything about them, or even know the difference in a long action vs. a short action (I asked to see a short action and he handed me, quite proudly, his favorite 270 win). I'm guessing some of the condition of these individual models was because of the display and possible abuse, but for those that have them at home, how do the seem?

I HAVE OE IN 300WSM--IT IS THE BEST SHOOTING RIFLE (OUT OF 40+) THAT I OWN,--THE ACTION IS NOT THE SMOOTHEST, BUT THE GUN SHOOTS LITTLE ONE HOLE GROUPS WITH THE FED 200GR TERMINAL ASCENT BULLETS i PAID 1250 FOR MINE IN sEP, --THERE'S ONE FOR SALE ON HERE AS WELL---

It's a carbon fiber factory rifle for around 1200 bucks. About half of what the next option is.
That fact is not lost on me, especially since my last few rifles have been full customs. But as I get older I also realize that I like things a certain way, and saving money up front can also lead to spending money to make things "right" down the road, which doesn't save me any money. Thought I'd ask if the experience out there was consistent with or different from what I handled in the store. I have no doubt they are great rifles- every Savage I've owned has shot better than me.

That fact is not lost on me, especially since my last few rifles have been full customs. But as I get older I also realize that I like things a certain way, and saving money up front can also lead to spending money to make things "right" down the road, which doesn't save me any money. Thought I'd ask if the experience out there was consistent with or different from what I handled in the store. I have no doubt they are great rifles- every Savage I've owned has shot better than me.
I owned one (28 Nosler) and probably would have kept it if I bought one in a short action cartridge. I knew someday that stock would have to get swapped out. That's a personal preference thing and they still seem to shoot well (from reviews, no personal experience). Having owned full customs myself, I struggle with things done to cut costs/corners on factory rifles. The stock and the magazine system (total garbage) is the cheap part on this rifle and helps keep the rifle super lightweight (no bedding block) and low price point. The options for a long action stock were slim pickings when I looked (one McMillan, zero Manners). If I bought another, I'd plan on a short action and ponying up for a Manners stock with mini chassis. Then the rifles ends up around $2K+... there's a decent amount competition at $2K.

The action was way smoother with just a couple shots of Rem Oil vs when I pulled it out of the box.

Savage rifles aint pretty, the stocks are cheap but they shoot. They are about value. Carbon fiber light rifle that shoots for $1200. Dont try and make it something its not. Dont buy one planning to upgrade the stock cause your options are limited and now your getting into semi custom money. Just take it for what it is.

I like mine (6.5 PRC). It shoots fantastic, no gripes with the smoothness of the bolt. I don't get too wrapped up in that. If it shoots I don't really care about the rest as much. I did put a B&C on mine because I too hate flimsy stocks. It's still a light rifle over all and more importantly.... accurate.

My buddy has one in 6.5 PRC and one in 6.5 Creedmoor for his young son.
Very light and handy!
Both shoot very, very small groups.
Bolt feels a bit loose and draggy where you have to kinda force it home but... very funtional and a small price to pay for a Proof Carbon in a proven receiver from Savage.