New Savage 110 Ultralite with Proof CF Barrels

XSIVSPD

I bought one recently from the Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore in 6.5 PRC for $1099.99 with shipping included. Waiting for it to arrive yet.

When you get it can you measure to see if it's a small or large shank and if it's a long or short action?

From what I've read, it seems like they're all built on a long action (which would be awesome) but no one is certain. And if it's a small shank I have a handful of barrels I can swap for different calibers

jgs8163

LRH Team Member
I built my 300PRC with proof barrel all custom for about $2200. But that includes a carbon fiber stock also that’s got the action bedded and numerous other higher end options.

XSIVSPD

I built my 300PRC with proof barrel all custom for about $2200. But that includes a carbon fiber stock also that’s got the action bedded and numerous other higher end options.

So about $500 more than buying one of these and a decent stock to put it in.

I understand the draw to a full custom, but all of my savages shoot ~1/2 moa or better with off the shelf ammo other than my 375h&h and it shoots ~3/4 moa. All of them shoot that well with multiple brands/weights.

I'd love to own a nice custom, but these dang savages shoot so well that I can't justify it lol

What did you use for an action to get it at that price range? Just an arc nucleus and a proof prefit is ~$1900+ nevermind the stock and labor

Last edited:

jgs8163

LRH Team Member
So about $500 more than buying one of these and a decent stock to put it in.

I understand the draw to a full custom, but all of my savages shoot ~1/2 moa or better with off the shelf ammo other than my 375h&h and it shoots ~3/4 moa. All of them shoot that well with multiple brands/weights.

I'd love to own a nice custom, but these dang savages shoot so well that I can't justify it lol
I used a stainless Remmy 700 action. $329, barrel was $650. I have a ARC nucleus action on a different high end rifle I own though.

So basically buying a base, base model Savage with a proof barrel screwed on. I just don’t know if it’s worth spending the extra $550/600 just to say I have a carbon fiber barrel. I think ones money would better spent buying one of their lighter weight rifles with the better Accustock and save the 550/600 for better optics. It’s a interesting choice to make though.

Last edited:

XSIVSPD

So basically buying a base, base model Savage with a proof barrel screwed on.

Except these are factory blueprinted and lightened actions. I thought that the "factory blueprinted" would be a marketing only tactic, but I own 2 of the savage stealth models (factory blueprinted but not lightened) and the 308 averages under 0.5moa while the 338 lapua seems to do about
.375moa (its a little harder for me to shoot consistently thanks to the concussion/recoil)

I'm not trying to take away from full/semi customs or any other brand, just trying to point out that these stand a good chance of being an exceptional shooting gun at an exceptional price point

jgs8163

LRH Team Member
Except these are factory blueprinted and lightened actions. I thought that the "factory blueprinted" would be a marketing only tactic, but I own 2 of the savage stealth models (factory blueprinted but not lightened) and the 308 averages under 0.5moa while the 338 lapua seems to do about
.375moa (its a little harder for me to shoot consistently thanks to the concussion/recoil)

I'm not trying to take away from full/semi customs or any other brand, just trying to point out that these stand a good chance of being an exceptional shooting gun at an exceptional price point
I did not see on the Savage website they were using blueprinted actions? Are you sure on that? I love all the savages I have also, I have 500 Savage tactical in 6.5 CM that shoots sub half moa.

XSIVSPD

What would be a reasonable priced, lightweight replacement stock for it.
I'll probably drop it in a savage accustock and be happy honestly. I've had good luck with them, they're fairly light, and this is going to be a working rifle for me, not a pretty rifle lol

FNU_LNU

Would love the opportunity to get out and shoot but the ranges near me are all closed. I planned to bring it to Nebraska for turkey season to shoot on my lease, but NE closed down the NR hunt season. Eventually...

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce