New SAKO and TIKKA Models - Just announced - SAKO S20, Roughtech, UPR

jb1000br

Official LRH Sponsor
SAKO S20 - LINK

Sako just dropped their S20 model and it appears it may get a lot of interest. It is a flexible design that is user configurable to some extent. It will be priced between the Tikka and Sako 85 (mid teens). Current offerings are the thumbhole stocked hunter and the vertical gripped precision model.

-barrels are same contour
-butt and forends are interchangable and will be affordably priced as will the mags.
-triggers to be 2-stage
-5/8x24 muzzle
-full chassis underneath
-7-8lbs
-april/may availability
-1MOA 5-shot guarentee

TIKKA T3 Roughtech - LINK

these are back with improved stocks and under $1K - black version is 1 time special order and due in the fall. We have plenty coming, taking preorders now

Coyote Tan Tac A1 - LINK

Tan version of their most popular rifle - they are allowing us to order this version once this year as well and these rifles are due in the fall. We have plenty coming, taking preorders now

TIKKA UPR - LINK

This is basically a renovated CTR with a highly improved stock - available blued or stainless and under $1500 - another 1 time order and these are due in the fall also.

I will update with more info, but this is all I have currently, thanks!

Sako press release: https://news.cision.com/sako-oy/r/s...r-both-hunters-and-tactical-shooters,c3039991

Jason

Last edited:
I hear the A7 is discontinued. I bought one in the Roughtech, and it's as nice an over the counter rifle as one can expect.
The Tikka CTR style is very shootable. I've got 2.

I think the coolest thing I saw......was the 6.5 prc option on the sako, that means Tikka will have it soon as well. They'll sell them by the truck load. Hopefully they do it right with a long action bolt stop and a mag with at least 3.1" internal length.

I think the coolest thing I saw......was the 6.5 prc option on the sako, that means Tikka will have it soon as well. They'll sell them by the truck load. Hopefully they do it right with a long action bolt stop and a mag with at least 3.1" internal length.
the major improvement is the picatinny rail machined in the main action body...., but it's a shame it's not a complete rail.

Wonder if the action is just a modified 85? I can't find a 2-stage trigger for my 85 and the S20 has a 2-stage option.

everybody wants a 1:9 300 win. The 1:11 that's on the A7 75s and 85s does fine up to 215 Bergers. I've had them past 1200 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.