New Sako 75' in 7 mm STW

7stw

Hello to all, it's been awhile, but Santa brought me a unfired Sako 75 stainless synthetic for Christmas. What a well built rifle. Slightly heavy, but that is good as that keeps it steady, and adsorbs recoil. I tried a old tried and true formula of 79.0 rl22-140 Berger and nosler AB. Accuracy was only so so, but velocity was good. ( nearly but not quite as fast as my 7RUM.) Barrel is 25 and 3/8 long. Bore is extremely smooth. Rifle was previously owned but never fired due to illness. Trigger is super crisp and fully adj.to 2 lbs. Was wondering if anyone here has experiences with the same or similar gun, and load info if any. Take care and Happy New Year to all. AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL!gun)

I have a stainless 75 in 243 that came with the rubber stock. Wouldn't shoot any better than
1 1/2. Put a lone wolf stock under it and it's a 1/2 inch gun. Even better with berger's
new 87 grain.

I have one I have been working on in a 75 deluxe, let me tell you it has been a roller coaster. I just loaded up some TSX that I plan to shoot this week. I will let you know a complete synopsis of my finding after I try these bullets out

Thanks for the reply. I have some 140 tsx's also and have yet to try them yet. I have to remember that this gun is new, and needs it's break in . I am confident that it will come around. The 7stw is a amazingly accrurate round and typically not hard to load for. Once you find your load, you're set. How do you like the stock that you have? The synthetic stock on mine is probably the best factory stock that I have seen. It is well fitted, and fully floated from the ring to the muzzle, and it is not flimsy! Looking forward to more input. Thanks to all.AIM SMALL,MISS SMALL:)gun) 7STW

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.