New rig, 375 Cheytac :)

groper

Specs are:
Barnard P-chey single shot action and barnard match trigger
Lilja 34in SS fluted bbl 1:10 tiwst with fisher F50 brake
Wild Dog carbon stock.
Bipod is not as pictured, just for the photo, i still havnt decided what to put on it yet.
More pics when i get the bipod and scope mounted :)

DSC_0175.jpg

Last edited:
ill just be shooting 350SMK`s to start with until i can get my hands on some 350gr solids from either noel carson or GS Custom. Maybe the rocky mountain 370gr Al tipped offering depending on how the others perform? Thats about all the choice i have really, the lehigh bullets is another option too i guess but like the Predator projectiles from australia which also have a 350gr brass solid, they are probably no good for hunting, no expansion, but some are saying they tumble upon impact and work great so i may just have to test that theory on some vermin :D

Groper,
Great rig. A couple questions if you don't mind.
Who built it for you ?
Weight ?
How is the recoil with the 350's based on what the rifle weighs ?
Also, did you go with a bottom safety on the trigger ?

Nice rig mate,was it built through wild dog customs, looks like one of their rifles.

yep, wild dog built the rifle.

weight i dunno yet... and i havnt shot it yet either, still waiting on dies, still deciding on a bipod.

wild dog has test fired it, said the recoil was very mild, "a pleasure to shoot" he said " the muzzle blast is something else tho". The muzzle brake i sourced thru a local guy from the states, RL Fisher makes them for 50BMG rifles and is considered one of the most efficent brakes you can get. The backward angled ports make the muzzle blast and concussion quite severe however. The brake is meant to fit on a 1-1/4in muzzle diameter and required some extra work to get it fitted for me.

ill get back to you all with the weight and finishing touches once its finished and had the chance to shoot it some too.

At worst, the 350gr SMK has a higher BC than the 300SMK and im sure will make a very lethal hunting bullet @ 3200+fps out to some really stupid distances... So even if we dont get any better bullets than this, it dont bother me in the slightest :) If we do get better bullets than this, then its all icing on the cake...

Last edited:
ok, the rig weighs 9.5kgs or 21lbs ready to shoot including NF scope but without bipod.

The gun is painted with ceracote, its a custom paint option offered by wild dog.

Its for long range hunting of "any game" and ultra long range target shooting.

With that brake and 21# weight it should be a joy to shoot. Make sure you give us range reports when you have it up and running.

Very nice,who did you go through for the brass.Muzzle blast would be huge i have sat next to a guy at the range with a 338 snipe- tac and it was unbearable,my 338 lap was like a cap gun in comparison.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts