new rifle

orwapitihunter

LRG52
I was in need of a rifle for long range practice and to save wear on my custom. I turned to my old 7mm Rem Mag. My set up is sporter weight rem 700, 4.5-14 Leupold with elevation turret, Burris Signature rings with .015" offset, and a 160 Accubond being pushed by 66.3 gr of IMR7828. I have no problem getting to 1000 yrds shooting this.

I have just purchased my first long range rifle to be hopefully it is a savage 110 in 7mm rem mag it has a harris bipod and a scope. Which brings me to my question the scope is crap it is a bsa 4-16. But i am on a tight budget i have read some of the users on here use tasco scopes are they good?, and can this rig reach out to the 1000 yard mark with the right bases.
thanks a bunch God bless

Keep look out on here and other sites to include ebay for good used B&L, sightron, nikon, leupold, T-model weaver etc. Should be able to get one for $200 and under. Forget the Tasco other than the supersnipers.

B&L sells a 3200 model 10x with mil dots and should be able to find one new for under $175. Has 100 minutes of elevation. I paid $149 from Natchez. It is on 110 FP in 308. Will easily work for what you want and save you money for bullets!

Use any base and Burris Signature rings with the inserts. They are .05, .10, and .20. You can use any combo to get .020 or .25 which will easily allow you to get 1000. They will only cost about $30-45 and hard to beat.

BH

[ 07-14-2004: Message edited by: BountyHunter ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.