New RIFLE!!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by skookum, Jan 23, 2012.

1. skookum

skookum Well-Known Member

I am officially a proud owner of a McMillan Custom shop rifle. :)

Here are the specs:

REM 700 Blue Printed Action, 300WSM

Sako Extractor

# 3 Contour, Shilen Barrel.

CeraKote

2.5 lb trigger (unkown make)

McMillan Sporter stock

4-16x Viper Vortex PST FFP MOA Reticle(on the way)

Tilley rings.

The only complaint I have is that I am in Afghanistan till the end of next month and have a couple months before i can actually shoot it. This is my first custom rifle so i had to tell somebody about it that had a clue what i was talking about. I did get to see it over a Skype call recently and it is NICE. The stock is nothing to get excited about but i have high expectations on what this thing is going to do as i learn to shoot at extended ranges(yes i am a newbie to this.) You'll be happy to know that the your tax dollars in which my modest salary comes from is not going to waste. :D

Happy Hunting!

Skookum

2. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

Interesting regarding the Shilen barrel. I was under the impression he only used Schneider and Lilja barrels.

I didn't know other bbl makers were an option.

3. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

Nice set up, it should serve you well. I usually get a coming home present from the wife, that's how I end up with most of my more expensive toys.
    Drop me a PM if ya need anything or just wanna talk guns. Stay safe.

4. Long Time Long Ranger

Long Time Long Ranger Well-Known Member

If it shoots anything like the EOL Outdoorsman I have been shooting you will have one mighty fine rifle.

5. royinidaho

royinidaho Well-Known Member

I with ya bro.... My mission is a bit different than yours but similar in that I can't haven't been able to shoot my newly arrived custom rig for well over a year. But only one month to go!

BE SAFE!!! That's pretty much a command!

6. skookum

Roger that Roy! Being a regular ol' ground pounding enlisted joe i cant exactly argue with that. You stay safe as well for the time you have left. You guys have a lot if snow where you're at?

7. 3fingervic

3fingervic Well-Known Member

Get your a$$ back here in one piece, hug your family members and go shoot that gun.:) Then we would like to see the pics of the gun and targets.

On a serious note, thank you and your family for the sacrifice that you all made.

8. MSLRHunter

MSLRHunter Well-Known Member

First of all, thank you for your service to our country. We love our military men and women here on LRH. That sounds like a great rifle in a great caliber and I'm sure it will be a tack driver. Stay safe and thanks again.

9. COBrad

COBrad Well-Known Member

I want to add my thank you as well. Come home safe friend.
    Brad

10. skookum

Thanks for the support everyone. I will do my best! 3fingervic, will do! And I will definately post pics when i get it put together and cutting paper. gun)