New RIFLE!!

skookum

I am officially a proud owner of a McMillan Custom shop rifle. :)

Here are the specs:

REM 700 Blue Printed Action, 300WSM

Sako Extractor

# 3 Contour, Shilen Barrel.

CeraKote

2.5 lb trigger (unkown make)

McMillan Sporter stock

4-16x Viper Vortex PST FFP MOA Reticle(on the way)

Tilley rings.

The only complaint I have is that I am in Afghanistan till the end of next month and have a couple months before i can actually shoot it. This is my first custom rifle so i had to tell somebody about it that had a clue what i was talking about. I did get to see it over a Skype call recently and it is NICE. The stock is nothing to get excited about but i have high expectations on what this thing is going to do as i learn to shoot at extended ranges(yes i am a newbie to this.) You'll be happy to know that the your tax dollars in which my modest salary comes from is not going to waste. :D

Happy Hunting!

Skookum

Interesting regarding the Shilen barrel. I was under the impression he only used Schneider and Lilja barrels.

I didn't know other bbl makers were an option.

Nice set up, it should serve you well. I usually get a coming home present from the wife, that's how I end up with most of my more expensive toys.
Drop me a PM if ya need anything or just wanna talk guns. Stay safe.

I with ya bro.... My mission is a bit different than yours but similar in that I can't haven't been able to shoot my newly arrived custom rig for well over a year. But only one month to go!

BE SAFE!!! That's pretty much a command!

Roger that Roy! Being a regular ol' ground pounding enlisted joe i cant exactly argue with that. You stay safe as well for the time you have left. You guys have a lot if snow where you're at?

Get your *** back here in one piece, hug your family members and go shoot that gun.:) Then we would like to see the pics of the gun and targets.

On a serious note, thank you and your family for the sacrifice that you all made.

First of all, thank you for your service to our country. We love our military men and women here on LRH. That sounds like a great rifle in a great caliber and I'm sure it will be a tack driver. Stay safe and thanks again.

Thanks for the support everyone. I will do my best! 3fingervic, will do! And I will definately post pics when i get it put together and cutting paper. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.