New rifle

kdog70

Hi all,
Long story short....I want a new rifle....imagine that. I have an Ar-10 and i am just getting into longer range shooting. I have access to 600 yard range and can easily shoot that far accurately. At any rate build a rifle or Gander Mountain near me has a bunch of WSM marked way down a few 25 WSM Coyote rifle with a longer tube and flat target stock. What do you think?? thanks for your imput.
oh yea. I just started to reload and looking for deer to coyote and shooting for fun.

600 yard ish ranges....if i build a rifle i am thinking a 223, 204, 243 i haven't got that far yet but i want small bore and something that will be pretty cheap to shoot everyone in my family has 243's so i can get brass from them...but i hope that helps. any rate i was thinking coyote, target shooting, possible deer but once again i have my AR-10.

243 would be fine for 600yrd dogs and deer with the right bullet and free brass never hurts.

The good part of the 243 is it is cheep to re lode and shoot. The WSM,WSSM family is going to cost more in the way of brass and powder.

There is a ton of info on here for you to learn from I know I have. I like to use the search option in the tool bar.

You could also get a new upper in 243 or 260 from DPMS for your AR10

I am having a 260 rem built right now I can wait to get it should be a good 1000yrd deer gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.