New Rifle?

I would happily get a Sako, but they don't have any 6.5CM. I looked for an A7 just now and it appears that it is not made anymore? I checked a few sites and nobody has one in stock.

Gunnitt-- did you shoot the premier? how was the action?

Watch the first two minutes of this video, it is one of a few that makes it appear really rough.

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about Fierce rifles?
They're pretty nice. A friend has a 7mm with a fluted pencil barrel. Makes .5moa with hsm ammo. The action looks a lot like a sako a7. IMO for the money they should be nice

I would happily get a Sako, but they don't have any 6.5CM. I looked for an A7 just now and it appears that it is not made anymore? I checked a few sites and nobody has one in stock.

Gunnitt-- did you shoot the premier? how was the action?

Watch the first two minutes of this video, it is one of a few that makes it appear really rough.

After watching that I wouldn't have one!

That is what I thought... not sure if it was the shooters, but it was a few youtube videos like that. Everything else about the rifle looks great though.
It could be high pressure rounds in a light rifle. I have never had one problem out of my b-14s hmr or the hunter model, and I have about 200 rounds out of my hunter, and 40 out of my new HmR 6.5 creedmoor.

It could be high pressure rounds in a light rifle. I have never had one problem out of my b-14s hmr or the hunter model, and I have about 200 rounds out of my hunter, and 40 out of my new HmR 6.5 creedmoor.

I know the action is different in the b-14 series (I think its a basic Remington 700 action), where as the premier series has the Bergara "Premier action". I just wish Cabelas had some so I could see them first hand. If the action was smooth I would get the bergara (might anyway-- it seems like a nicely built rifle).

I've had two Christensen rifles, both shoot well, however several people have had nightmares, as in rifles replaced with another rfile that won't shoot. Horrible chamber jobs, crap bedding, poorly timed rough actions, you name it. However their customer sercics is GREAT as they need be with a product that's hit and miss for their premium price

I've had two Christensen rifles, both shoot well, however several people have had nightmares, as in rifles replaced with another rfile that won't shoot. Horrible chamber jobs, crap bedding, poorly timed rough actions, you name it. However their customer sercics is GREAT as they need be with a product that's hit and miss for their premium price

That is helpful... I am not in a position to have a hit or miss rifle. My original rifle is at the manufacturer and I need a rifle for my hunt in October. I would be on another level if I bought a second rifle for this hunt and it had problems also haha.

I am already agitated that I need to tie up more money (getting another rifle) than is necessary for my hunt.

That is helpful... I am not in a position to have a hit or miss rifle. My original rifle is at the manufacturer and I need a rifle for my hunt in October. I would be on another level if I bought a second rifle for this hunt and it had problems also haha.

I am already agitated that I need to tie up more money (getting another rifle) than is necessary for my hunt.
Want something rock solid, guaranteed to be accurate and well builb without breaking the bank, go Tikka. Yeah they're not beautiful luxory or cutting edge, but they work, are extremely versatile, best quality for the money for sure. They're built right next to Sako rifles in the same facility in Finland. My Tikka T3 270wsm is a tack driver, factory or roll your own. Been abused, left in the weather, not cleaned for a year, take it out and it shoots.

I am never in a position to have a hit or miss rifle, that is why I have two bergara's and a nightforce on one of them. Could not agree more.

hey all,

I am looking at purchasing a new bolt action rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. I will primarily use it for hunting, but might get into shooting steel at long ranges eventually. I have been looking at a couple different rifles, but would like to know what you all think.

I've been considering (all are similar in price— within a hundred or so):

Xbolt pro long range
Weatherby mark v accumark
Bergara premiere approach

I have a leupold vx6hd 3-18x50 to pair with it.

Some things that are important to me:
- short(er) bolt throw
- stainless steel barrel/action
- 24-26" barrel
- solid/ durable construction with high reliability
- accurate

These are in no apparent order. Also, I don't want to go over the $1700 1800 price range. So making a custom really isn't a good option as it will be used this fall for hunting.
...you know, Hornady developed the 6.5 Creedmore ~ then they went back to the lab to eliminate the shortcomings and improve it.
They did it with the 6.5 PRC ~ it's the 6.5 Creedmores big brother. Test show it has a longer range, flatter trajectory, and less wear on the barrel.
I'm building one on the Mega Maten .308 receiver set.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.