new rifle

The Real Cowboy

Hey you guys looking for a new rifle stuck between a winchester model 70 300 wsm and the weatherby mark v 300wsm. I've shot a weatherby mark v 300 weatherby mag...... but never shot the model 70. so if you guys have any input it would be great.

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyways

-John Wayne

Hey you guys looking for a new rifle stuck between a winchester model 70 300 wsm and the weatherby mark v 300wsm. I've shot a weatherby mark v 300 weatherby mag...... but never shot the model 70. so if you guys have any input it would be great.

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyways

-John Wayne

In my opinion they are miles apart in quality.

I like the mod 70 action but Winchester barrels and stock are not very good.

The 9 lug Mark 5 action is one of the best factory actions and there barrels are very good(Some
are Kriegers). And there stocks are the best factory fit and finish. The catch is that they are more expensive.

There are no gaurentees as to the accuracy of any factory rifles, but the ods favor the Mark 5.

Just my opinion on factory rifles.

J E CUSTOM

I like the Weatherby Mk V .300 Weatherby Mag.

It reaches out there. It is not too rough to shoot. It will kill with authority. It is not terribly heavy. It is smooth and effective.

I would not hesitate to purchase another one.

I use a Synthetic Weatherby stock, the older black ones. Not sure what they are, but they appear to be fiberglass. Nothing fancy, just easy to use and not too much to worry about.

Before I owned a Weatherby, I thought they were over priced, over fancy, not accurate, and for expensively minded people.
Now that I have one, I would not be without it. It does its job accurately, with power and elegance. Wonderful rifle.

re

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.