New Rifle. Utterly horrific chamber...UPDATED 4/19/20

Im not taking up for Savage but it seems like every factory rifle I got from the big manufactures needed something done to it to make it shoot like I wanted it to. The whole accurracy and long range shooting focus seems to turn a fellow into a trouble shooter & amateur gunsmith if you do it long enough.....unless a person can buy a $6000 package with the load already specified for rifle that was purchased.

I've bought top tier rifles from the big manufacturers also. Somehow I thought more care would be taken on their more expensive rifles, but it seems it's always been the same quality or worse than what's on their cheapest models. I think all your paying for is the extra asthetics, paint, flutes, etc..... Same chamber & bore conditions as their cheapest.

I don't always buy Savage.....
But when I do, I plan on rebarreling it.
Agree with djfergus 100%
I do always buy Savage.......And when I do I always plan on new lug, trigger, barrel, and prefer a earlier top bolt release blind mag stagger feed action if possible. Stocks usually go unless they are a target/varmint laminate.

The new carbon barreled lightweight would be an exception on barrel replacement, proof does good barrels and chamber's. It would still however need the lug, trigger, and stock replaced. That's what makes me a happy and accurate savage shooter, we all have our own way's I guess. The new corporate savage has lost the pride of good workmanship.....heck they don't even use the logo I know and love anymore........sad

Agree with djfergus 100%
I do always buy Savage.......And when I do I always plan on new lug, trigger, barrel, and prefer a earlier top bolt release blind mag stagger feed action if possible. Stocks usually go unless they are a target/varmint laminate.

The new carbon barreled lightweight would be an exception on barrel replacement, proof does good barrels and chamber's. It would still however need the lug, trigger, and stock replaced. That's what makes me a happy and accurate savage shooter, we all have our own way's I guess. The new corporate savage has lost the pride of good workmanship.....heck they don't even use the logo I know and love anymore........sad
I like Savage also. I've got four. Bought another to build and give to someone. Bought one and gave it to a teenager a couple of years ago. Bought one for my nephew for Christmas. I'm down to buying Remington & Savage. They are the Chevy 350 of rifles. There's parts to do just about anything you could imagine.

Entoptics, I had a very similar experience. I bought my HC 110 in Nov 19'. Waited until June 20' to start brake in and load development because of such cold temps here in SW Wyoming. Fist ten cases had vertical striations. Sent the rifle back twice. I told them I reloaded. Chamber was a mess. They polished, reamed it, and sent it back.
Short story, when i got it back I started load development. I couldn't get the gun under two minutes. Sent it back a 2nd time. They did an accuracy test and it didn't meet their 1moa standard. I had asked what the standard was before.
So after almost 5 months since I first pulled the trigger, they sent me a new rifle!
Well, the chamber isn't nearly as bad.. BUT... there are striations toward the head with this rifle also! After a yr from the time I first bought the 110, they are still producing it without addressing the problem!!! I have 2 Savage10T's that shoot tacs. My son also has one.

But this will be my last Savage!!!

Just curious how cold was it in SW Wyoming. Here in the NV desert trying to shoot in 35degrees is hand numbing cold ,if its windy ? Forget about it.
Single digits in the AM. 20s-30s in the day. That's right now. In late Jan and into Feb I've seen minus15 deg! I'm told by locals who've been here for decades that they've seen-40 in the hard winters. I was out coyote hunting this AM and my fingers were hurting after 20 min of not having my gloves on. But I was filming two 5x5 bucks. Never saw any yotes!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.