ANDREW RICKETTS

I am having a new rifle built with the following options -

300 Winchester Magnum
McMillan Game Hunter - Olive with Black Speckletone
Deviant Hunter - LA
Proof Research Carbon Barrel - 26" Sendero
Jewell Trigger - 2.5lbs
Bottom Metal - OEM Remington BDL

My question is more cosmetic than anything. I am building this rifle with learning long range shooting in mind, but also as my all round hunting rifle at the same time.

Question - I ordered my Defiant Hunter and it came in polished metal. Do you guys think this metal will effect my hunting experience? (e.g. light reflection) I originally told my gunsmith I would like it to be bead blasted (all except the inner bolt) and the ends of the carbon barrel to match. Do you think this rifle will look good, does someone have something to show that's similar? Since their probably different metals do you think the barrel and action will blend together nicely for cosmetic purposes?

Thanks guys. Let me know.

I would ask if him if he can send it off to be nitrided. A black action is universal. Plus look great in that stock.
Here's a train wreck, Proof carbon, nice stock, white action, I was going to shoot one barrels worth to determine how smooth the action was.
BRA.jpg

I have a guy here in my town who actually does cerakote although its not something I want to do right away. For now I just want to maintain the metal look. But matching.

Do it right the first time and get it Cerakoted. Once the rifle is together and you are shooting it you won't want to break it down to finish it later.

Do it right the first time and get it Cerakoted. Once the rifle is together and you are shooting it you won't want to break it down to finish it later.
Read post #6 I'm almost positive Defiance will not cerakote because there tolerances are to tight.
For that matter I dont know of any custom action that offers it.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.