New rifle build...

Wile E Coyote

I'm getting' the itch to build a new rifle in the near future. The caliber I've been thinking about is a 7mm-300Win Mag. I read, with interest, some posts here on LRH about this cartridge and rifle builds but those were mostly at least a year or two old. Virtually all of those old posts were positive to near euphoric. Those of you who have experience with the 7mm-300, could you tell me the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Do you still feel the same now that some time has passed? Have any glitches or pitfalls surfaced? Would those who have built or bought one, do it again?

Your thoughts anyone?

I'm getting' the itch to build a new rifle in the near future. The caliber I've been thinking about is a 7mm-300Win Mag. I read, with interest, some posts here on LRH about this cartridge and rifle builds but those were mostly at least a year or two old. Virtually all of those old posts were positive to near euphoric. Those of you who have experience with the 7mm-300, could you tell me the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Do you still feel the same now that some time has passed? Have any glitches or pitfalls surfaced? Would those who have built or bought one, do it again?

Your thoughts anyone? [/QOTE] The 7mm-300 is a waste of powder capacity. lMO

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.