New rifle build 280IA

What barrel mfg

• Total voters
We are button barrels and currently have a 4 month wait. "5C" is proprietary to Broughton and Tim doesn't divulge his secrets. But the "R" is standard for a radius edge on the land, generally giving an increased velocity and ease of cleaning. You can have "R" style on any # of lands. We have them in 2,3, and 5's
Chris
Benchmark

My latest baby has a shilen select match chambered in 6BR. No mystery with that bbl, 105 bergers , lapua brass and 30gr of varget= one hole every time. Kinda boring actually but every once in a while its nice to get one like that.
As everyones said, the major makers all make great bbls. Just go with what your smith likes.

I have a benchmark sendero 5r .264 barrel and it's incredible! Easy barrel break in, easy cleaning, and shot my best group with it! .908" 3 shot group at 640 yards (non repeatable but I was excited) but still a amazing shooting rifle!!

Next build I'm trying a bartlein 6mm medium palma, 5r barrel. Very excited. But strongly recommend benchmark as of now.

Also have a semi custom 20 tac that was purchased used and was told it was a bartlein. The smith used only used bartlein or kreiger. Either way it shoots lights out. Last two groups were .208 and .256 at 100 yards

IMG_9887.jpg
Bartlein 3b contour finished at 25" to run suppressed
Tikka action
McM GameScout
Tangent Theta 5-25
168 Berger VLDs at 2850

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts