New Remington Alpha 1, M700

I guess I would be little more optimistic that Remington has been producing 700's forever and the changes are nice but not really major engineering changes. That would be my hope.

Yes, I'm thinking that too. They are not going to battle it out with the entry level offerings. That's fine with me as long as the value and quality is there.
I think a lot of people are realizing that if you want a nice, solid rifle with everything done right, it's gonna be north of 1k. If you want a tupperware rifle that will no doubt, shoot minute of pie plate, might or might not eject correctly, may or may not even chamber a round from the factory, and comes with a Chinese 3-9, you can spend $350-$500.

I would guess the price point will be $650-700 base and real retail being a bit under that, top end models in that $1100-1300 range. The economy of scale is not to be underestimated. If they have invested in new machinery and embraced current manufacturing technology you are looking at around 3 maybe 3.5 minutes to machine a bolt, at or under a minute for the handle. Receiver can be made in 10 minutes or less with broached raceways. Chamber and thread in 2.5 minutes, thread for brake in 1.5 minutes. All with very good tolerances, plus or minus a couple thousandths.

They can't attempt a comeback with prices out of line with say a Bergara or a Tikka, well I guess they can if they aren't all that bright but I have to think that if they have any business sense at all they are squarely lined up to take on Bergara, Tikka, top end Savages, etc.

I hope I'm right, if I am I will buy one.

I hope they get everything done right and at a reasonable price point, but like most opine here I expect somewhere in the $1500 area. But when do we get to shoot one? Haven't seen any hands on reviews.

I guess I would be little more optimistic that Remington has been producing 700's forever and the changes are nice but not really major engineering changes. That would be my hope.
Hmmmmmm.....one piece bolt...from 4 piece bolt....nothing major here FOR SURE! Put your feet up....return some blood to your head for a minute! Okay now SLOW DEEP BREATHS....repeat as necessary!😅

I run a production machine shop for a living........ Current generation multitasking machines are leaps and bounds ahead of what used to be. The machine I am looking at right now is loading a 47 pound blank of 4340 heat treated material, 6 minutes 48 seconds later it is 23 pounds, holding .0005" on diameter and .0015" on length over 19.75".

Hmmmmmm.....one piece bolt...from 4 piece bolt....nothing major here FOR SURE! Put your feet up....return some blood to your head for a minute! Okay now SLOW DEEP BREATHS....repeat as necessary!😅
I know what you are saying but they are not breaking new ground on one piece bolts. If they haven't reversed engineered one piece bolts out there, they don't stand a chance. My point is I have seen what CNC's are capable of doing in Auto Tier 1 parts and the tolerances are far tighter. I would hope their machining isn't from 1940's unless its a Bridgeport!😂. I am optimistic they have made the proper machining investments on relaunch or it will fail.