NEW Remington 783

johnnyk

Remington has "borrowed" the barrel nut from Savage for their new model of rifle. Their Crossfire trigger looks a lot like the AccuTrigger too.

Well, what say ye now?

This is the answer for all those guys ashamed to carry a ugly rifle. Now they can have their purdy Remingtons that shoot like Savages!

Mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery. LOL. JohnnyK.

Lets see

-Barrel nut
-accutrigger
-beyond ugly stock

It has the trifecta of budget rifle grandeur! Its like a savage axis with an accutrigger with an "R" on the bolt handle.

I guess its good to see all these budget minded rifles coming out. Must be the companies trying to keep sales numbers going despite shrinking expendable income. Picked up a savage axis for my grandfather for a kick around truck gun (he is harder on guns than a 16 year old on rear tires in a camaro). Somehow I don't think these budget axis/americans/783's are going to garner the cult following that the Stevens 200 cultivated. But they do serve a portion of the firearms industry.

As for me, hopefully made my last factory bolt rifle purchase. The next will definitely be a 1 off custom; time to budget for rifles instead of buying budget minded rifles.

Just out of curiosity, could we get a pic of the ruger american, savage axis, and rem 783 lined up. It could be like a contest of the ugliest plastic stock in the industry. Could have a poll, and then have dramatic entrance from the tc dimension to take the gold as a write in candidate.

Id buy one just because they have the easy removable barrel.....but then again I already have a steel stake to drive in the ground to tie my bird dogs off to....

(P.S. Its the barrel off a Mossberg shotgun...):D

Man, I tried an Axis-- for a week or two and went Browning. Couldn't stand the cheap feel of the rifle. If they can get a rifle to actually feel like a rifle instead of a fencepost when it's under a grand, it might be an accomplishment. As far as Browning, I've had my 300 win A-bolt for over ten years and love it-- can't take a shine to the X-bolt though.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.