New Remington 700 Tactical Chassis Rifle - Big News Exclusively from SHWAT™!

Stephen O

The remarkable Remington 700 Tactical Chassis Rifle is officially slated for launch at SHOT Show 2014, but here at SHWAT.com we have already shot it, photographed it and can now announce it to you! This is an exclusive product introduction from Special Hog Weapons and Tactics™ in cooperation with Remington. The other big news is that we're giving one of these Model 700 Tactical Chassis rifles away to one of our members. So, buckle up! You are one of the first people outside Remington to get a look at this precision rifle.

Articles - New Remington 700 Tactical Chassis Rifle - Big News Exclusively from SHWAT

http://www.shwat.com/Portals/0/Images/BlogPics/S-Owen/Remington/Chassis%20Rifle/Remington-700-Tactical-Chassis-6.jpg

That seems like a pretty awesome machine. I wonder what quality control would be like for this rifle? I know remington has some issues with their first couple of rifles out the door but then again its for the firearms like the 11-87s, 710s, and 770s. Also, for 2900 I would just get a custom rig. Still cool idea and definitely outside the box thinking. Thanks for posting.

Wow I was saying to myself that looks just like an MDT TAC21 and low and behold it's a Remington 700 in an TAC 21 chassis. So you can get the whole rifel for $2900. Seems like I can buy a 700 BDL/ADL with the Pro-X trigger for $800 and the MDT TAC21 for $750 and $250 for the PRS and end up with the same rifle for about 1/3rd the cost. Am I wrong?

Danco411,

You are on the right track in general. Using your numbers, witch are also on the right track, it's about 2/3 the cost instead of the 1/3 you stated. Maybe I'm splitting hairs. Regardless, that's assuming you do all the work yourself and that's great if you want to. I think this rifle is not intended for those who are willing and able to do the work of building a custom gun. My take is that it is for those who want to get into long range shooting/hunting but aren't interested in doing the work themselves. Also, $2900 is MSPR. Street price remains to be seen. We won't know that until its release in January at the earliest.

Your point is accurate for sure. There are some unknowns still about the gun and where it will fall in the marketplace. As we learn more, we'll post on it.

Sorry fuzzy math. :D Don't get me wrong I thin the MDT stuff is awesome. In fact I have been waiting on my LSS for Savage since they announced it. Delayed another month! Mine may be the first Savage Stryker pistol in an LSS. :cool:

I hear you on those that don't want to assemble and just buy a Remington rifle. Since I became an "assembler" I just don't think that way.

Cool rifle. I'm sure you'll sell plenty!

Products being introduced at the Shot Show are another way of saying "we don't have them so you can't buy them". I'm guessing a write up like that means this rifle comes with an accuracy guarantee like 1/2 MOA out to 600. Wouldn't mind seeing a Remington offering exceed the hype.

Mike,

I haven't gotten any word on an accuracy guaranty. There still isn't much info from Remington. It has been kept so tightly under wraps that all we knew before the gun showed up was that it was coming and we suspected it was a bolt gun. When it did show up, it was just a gun in a case. No manual, no documentation, no name, nothing. We had to ask specifically for other info. Pretty much everything in the article is just based on our experience with it so far.

Mike,

I haven't gotten any word on an accuracy guaranty. There still isn't much info from Remington. It has been kept so tightly under wraps that all we knew before the gun showed up was that it was coming and we suspected it was a bolt gun. When it did show up, it was just a gun in a case. No manual, no documentation, no name, nothing. We had to ask specifically for other info. Pretty much everything in the article is just based on our experience with it so far.

That's cool. Thanks for the early heads-up. That's also a very nice give-away. Lately I tend to curb my enthusiasm for Remington products until I can hear from numerous different owners that got their rifles from numerous different retailers (none of which were the Remington Marketing Department). I figure they sent you the Pride of the Yankees. I'm more interested in the one they're going to send me.

That's cool. Thanks for the early heads-up. That's also a very nice give-away. Lately I tend to curb my enthusiasm for Remington products until I can hear from numerous different owners that got their rifles from numerous different retailers (none of which were the Remington Marketing Department). I figure they sent you the Pride of the Yankees. I'm more interested in the one they're going to send me.

I understand completely. The rife we got is one of two. Or was a couple of weeks ago when we got it. In theory, it's off the shelf parts. I don't know if there was any extra work that went into making it nice for us. They didn't know we would be taking to class at Tac Pro with Bill Davison until after we got it. Of course neither did we, but that's another story. I'm ready to see what it does at longer range. Another couple of weeks and that will happen.

I understand completely. The rife we got is one of two. Or was a couple of weeks ago when we got it. In theory, it's off the shelf parts. I don't know if there was any extra work that went into making it nice for us. They didn't know we would be taking to class at Tac Pro with Bill Davison until after we got it. Of course neither did we, but that's another story. I'm ready to see what it does at longer range. Another couple of weeks and that will happen.

Looking forward to your report.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.