• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

New Remington 700 Bell & Carlson M40 Stock Short Action

chirodr1

Brand new take off from a Remington 700 Long Range Rifle. Short action. Inletted for BDL bottom metal. Full length bedding block. Grey with black webbing. Sendero/Varmint profile barrel channel. $199.00 Shipped. I have a few of these I have been hanging on to
rem m40.jpg
rem 40 b.jpg
rem 40 c.jpg
and probably won't be using.

Last edited:
Roger that.
Haven,t seen one of these....the pic makes it look like it was bedded. Do u have one SA. Magum contour?
If it is a short action magnum the stock will fit. I am not sure what you mean by magnum contour. If you a referring to a heavier barrel than a standard sporter barrel, that would be similiar to the Sendero/Varmint contour and the current barrel channel should work. If your barrel is larger than a Sendero/Varmint contour there is plenty of meat on the stock to open up the barrel channel. Thanks

Larger than sporter and quite a bit smaller than sendero. There are several different contours between sendero and sporter. (Sendero lite is just one example). But you know all of this.
Remington has barrels that are 'magnum' contour. Obviousily sendero would be big enough, however how much of a gap between barrel and stock is tolerable .

Larger than sporter and quite a bit smaller than sendero. There are several different contours between sendero and sporter. (Sendero lite is just one example). But you know all of this.
Remington has barrels that are 'magnum' contour. Obviousily sendero would be big enough, however how much of a gap between barrel and stock is tolerable .
I have put an action with a #3 barrel in a similar stock and while there was a larger gap between the barrel and stock I did not find it objectionable.

Recent Posts