New Reloading Bench

That's the exact bench I was looking at! Do you use one as a reloading bench? I'm curios how stable it is when sizing brass. Thanks!
I have the Harbor Freight bench 2 of them hooked together by my Rock Chucker.
20200915_104748.jpg

At Lowes I bought some heavy duty molding and built a florescent light holder.
20200915_104956.jpg

At HF I also bought their 4' long power strip and attached in the back.
20200915_104813.jpg

I set 2 2x4s together, mounted on solid blocks for the selves.
20200915_104823.jpg

The two benches hooked together provide a very stable working area/bench. With the 4 drawers and the 2 landing areas underneath (1 for each side/bench), a lot of room for storage that fills up fast...lol.

Last edited:
I had the same problem when I built my first reloading bench so I put together one with stove bolts and nuts. I wanted weight so I built the bench using 2x8 x 8'long with 4x4 legs. Determine the space you have available and make the top with 2" thick lumber. Overhang the front by at least 2" and use a 2x6 along the front and sides. Use the bolts and nuts to hold it all together and it will be easy to disassemble to move to your next apartment/house/garage. Heavy and stable.

I'm moving and need to get a new reloading bench. We are renting the house so I unfortunately I can't permanently attach or anchor the bench to the walls or floor. Having said that, what over the counter work benches have you guys used for your reloading benches? I was thinking about just getting a Harbor freight wooden workbench, but not sure if you guys know of something better that's not overly expensive. Thanks!
I took an old Black and Decker Workmate and designed a top complete with cutout. The top is Fully removable, hard finished with spar varnish, and fixed to the workmate existing holes with Countersunk Carriage bolts and lock nuts. Very Sturdy, bu yet portable. Let me know if you would like dimensions and pictures

20200915_082315.jpg
20200915_082202.jpg
20200915_082042.jpg

I used the Ultra HD benches others have spoke about. Adding a sheet of plywood along the bottom leg cross bars and then an upper shelf from plywood attached with L brackets. I then purchased a smaller Ultra HD table to work as a die holder and powder station. I forgot to add nothing is bolted to the floor or walls. The machines are bolted to the tops along with all the toolhead holders.

I'm moving and need to get a new reloading bench. We are renting the house so I unfortunately I can't permanently attach or anchor the bench to the walls or floor. Having said that, what over the counter work benches have you guys used for your reloading benches? I was thinking about just getting a Harbor freight wooden workbench, but not sure if you guys know of something better that's not overly expensive. Thanks!
I've used the Harbor Freight work bench for years. No problems and plenary of draw and storage space. I have six presses attached to my bench along with a RCBS drop powder dispenser.

I built one out of 2x4s and used a double thickness MDF on the top (mistake) took off the top layer and replaced with plywood. I also predrilled for two presses and my vice with t-nuts under the top and a piece of 1/4" steel plate on top to stiffen it up. I can quickly swap my rockchucker for my progressive when I'm loading pistol or 5.56. In the back is a cheap mechanic table from harbor freight it's a *** but it was under $100. I wouldn't ever put a press on it but it's good for cleaning and disassembly.

Attachments

• 6C67257A-139F-4B79-A7D8-1A7ED0097C7E.jpeg
    6C67257A-139F-4B79-A7D8-1A7ED0097C7E.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 261
When we moved into the new home almost a 1/2century back, my better half and I built a workbench to be shared by both of us. At that time, I loading for my * using LC military - brass. It needed to be substantial so we did the frame out oot4x4's. My wife, at that time, was a sales rep for Corian, and she got me a 12-foot slab of countertop slated for scrap. It's 3/4 inch thick. We did an "L" shape and then bolted it to the garage wall studs. It's built like a tank and has served me well for decades. You can see a portion of it in the picture under my ID. Over 50 years, I've accumulated a lot of tooling and recently have only 1 hard-mounted press, my '70's vintage "Chucker" I also have a M.E.C. metallic press (only for rifle bullet seating. It's mounted on a 3/4" piece of 3/4 plywood. Since I share the bench with "the general", I keep most of my tooling, scale dies, precision measuring tooling, and supplies in large tubs on furniture dollys. Keeps them clean and put of the way when not needed. If we ever need to move, heaven help us. we'll need a dedicated U-Haul just the reloading gear.