New Reloader With Bullet Suggestion for New 300 wsm

f9eda646-d82c-485c-9d50-6e5f4ce10893-jpeg.279160

Hi, Im pretty new to the reloading world. I have primers and powder to try, but am looking for some help with bullet suggestions. I just purchased a Sake 85 finnlight in 300 WSM. I would like to use this for deer/elk hunting and shooting at steel to 1000y. It has a 1:11 twist, so I will stick with heavier bullets 180 and higher. Can someone recommend a bullet that would be good for hunting and long range accuracy? I have some 200gr ELDX factory rounds I will play with but would like to find a bullet that is maybe better and works for both.

I started buying powder and primers about 4 years ago, then had kids and haven't had time to learn to reload. I have about 24lbs of different powders and 14k primers. I have H4350 and Fed 215m to start with. I found brass in stock at a few place so Ill pick some up. Just overwhelmed with the bullet choices!
Doesn't sound like you will have time for awhile to come and being new you will waste a lot of good supplies.....you are better off just shipping it all to Butterbean! He'd make good use of it!😂

I know it's old school (and thats ok cause I'm old) but the load that has put elk in my freezer for years is 180 Nosler Partition on top of 60.0gr of VV N550
Hi, Im pretty new to the reloading world. I have primers and powder to try, but am looking for some help with bullet suggestions. I just purchased a Sake 85 finnlight in 300 WSM. I would like to use this for deer/elk hunting and shooting at steel to 1000y. It has a 1:11 twist, so I will stick with heavier bullets 180 and higher. Can someone recommend a bullet that would be good for hunting and long range accuracy? I have some 200gr ELDX factory rounds I will play with but would like to find a bullet that is maybe better and works for both.
I know it's old school (and thats ok cause I'm old) but the load that has put elk in my freezer for years is 180 Nosler Partition on top of 60.0gr of VV N550

Thanks for all the suggestion fellas. I think I will try the Berger 180 grain Elite Hunter hybrids and 180 Swift Sciroccos. It looks like my H4350 isn't optimal for those, so Ill do some digging on what powders work best as well.

Reloader 16 and 152 grain Hammer Hunters, my load is doing right at 3400 FPS. Shooting 3/4 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards. Killed a cow and 5 point bull last year and a 40" bull moose this year with great results.
I emailed Hammer bullets and they just emailed me back and said the 160g Hammer Hunter was designed specifically for my application (1:11 twist). Looks like that might be a winner! Now to find the optimal powder.....

I emailed Hammer bullets and they just emailed me back and said the 160g Hammer Hunter was designed specifically for my application (1:11 twist). Looks like that might be a winner! Now to find the optimal powder.....
H4350 with 165 NBT was most accurate out of my 1:12 bartlein

I started buying powder and primers about 4 years ago, then had kids and haven't had time to learn to reload. I have about 24lbs of different powders and 14k primers. I have H4350 and Fed 215m to start with. I found brass in stock at a few place so Ill pick some up. Just overwhelmed with the bullet choices!
Make it easy on yourself. Just get Hammers.