New receiver/action

Brandon Starkel

I picked up a Rem 700 standard action a couple weeks ago for cheap 30-06, I have a 260 and 6.5-284,built on the same action. I'm trying to decide what cal to do next with this one. I'm gonna see if this shoots first. If it shoots acceptable for me, it will stay 06. I was kinda thinking about a 35 Whelen also.
What are your thoughts?

Wildcatting is a totally different ball game and will open up all kinds of opportunities. My latest wildcat is a .30 Gibbs (https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/30-gibbs-is-finally-ready.242088/page-11). Mine is currently propelling the 190 Berger VLD at 2806 FPS with RL17 and with more room to spare; just playing with powders that I have already opened.

.30-06 IMPROVED INSIDE VOLUME.JPG

Thanks for all your ideas so far. Been kicking the ideas around for awhile. I have a few factory rifles, 45-70, 7mm mag, .300 wm and .300wby mag. The 7 and 300wby were passed down to me. All these options…I guess I should start looking at what components are actually available for all these different calibers.

Thanks for all your ideas so far. Been kicking the ideas around for awhile. I have a few factory rifles, 45-70, 7mm mag, .300 wm and .300wby mag. The 7 and 300wby were passed down to me. All these options…I guess I should start looking at what components are actually available for all these different calibers.
Scratch the .30 Gibbs since you already have the .30 calls covered, as well as the .284 cal.

.24/.25 cal might not be a bad option/alternative.

I was kinda thinking that way also in the 24/25 cal area. I had my smith build me a 6CM 2 years ago. So I guess that puts me in the 25 cal area now, lol.