New rangefinder

philsummers21

sold my Leica 1600B because I mainly archery hunt and it doesn't angle compensate under 100 yards. My budget is 4-500. Looking for a new one. Was going to just get the Leica 1600R but the new nikons have me intrigued but also don't want to buy a ***. I could easily range deer to 1600 with the Leica with regularly hitting 1800. Any thoughts or others I should be looking at? Don't need anything fancy just range with angle compensation

Sig Sauer. We have 3 of these in our family and they seem to work quilt well. Use them for everything from archery to long range shooting. We have the 2000 model. Don't believe they make it anymore. But anyway might be worth a look. Good luck

Leupold tbr DNA 1000 is what I've used for many years they work great have angle compensation and bow mode the newer one is a 1200 there a small size to fit in your pocket I would definitely consider this one

You already owned a Leica so I would only replace it with a Leica. I think they own the market in range finders. Plus you won't beat there glass quality. I just pre
Ordered a Leica 2400. Had a leupold 1000tbr, currently sig 2000 and think the Leica will be way nicer.

I have the Sig Kilo 2200MR and the new Nikon Black 4K and they are both great. The Nikon has been ranging a good bit farther than the Sig, but it's also designed to do so. Both have angle compensation and are very accurate at shorter ranges. I also archery hunt, and have tested both from the tree stand and very steep hills, they're good options.

Another vote for the Sig. I have the 2000, it's been awesome so far. I picked it up cheap just before the 2200's came out. I've seen the 2200 for 350, which is a smoking deal for all that you get.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.