New Rangefinder

Jud96

I'm thinking about getting a new rangefinder for the upcoming rifle season. I currently have an older Bushnell rangefinder that my Dad handed down to me. It is about 5 years old and is not very durable and lacks angle compensation. It also doesn't read past 800yds and it is very troublesome sometimes to get readings with it so it's time to update.

I was dead set on getting a Vortex because they are my go-to people for optics but I don't like how they can only range non-reflective targets out to 500yds. At my cousin's farm ,where I hunt in PA, we can get out to 750yd shots on deer and I want to be able to effectively range them that far without any trouble. I have seen Leicas and Leupolds in action and they work very well so I thought about one of them. I just don't really want to spend over $500. I am currently checking out the Leupold RX-1200i TBR DNA and it is $449.

What do you guys think? Remember I'm still only a high schooler so can't afford any $1000 rangefinders and what not. Just want to slowly add to my long range equipment and gear as much as I can. Thanks

I have a used but in very good condition swaro 8x30 range finder with box and paper work for $680.00 pm if interested

Bushnell pro 1m go out to 1600yards no problem on most anything it is a golf rangefinder but a little camo goes a long way ...I've ranged a coyote at 700yds you can get them on eBay all day for 350$

I would scour the classifieds for a used lieca 900 or 1200 they don't do angless but that's easy enough to deal with and you'll be getting a really quality piece of gear.

Jordan@406

Thanks for the replies. I need a rangefinder with angle compensation because here in WV and PA it is very hilly and is full of little valleys and ravines. So often we are roosted on a small knob in the middle of a field and have to shoot way down hill or into ravines. We have another Bushnell rangefinder that is really nice and lazes to like 1500yds but it doesn't have angle compensation and that's what I'm looking for. I will probably end up getting the Leupold RX-1200i.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.