New range finder time

Do you guys own G7's? We played with one last spring and it was very easy to use and the ballistics were right on the money. My sons Creedmore was perfect but my ultra mag needed a little tweaking to be right on, I think my validation was off by a little.

I have had mine since they came out .i picked it up at gunmerks at the same time i bought my nightforce scope from them. I have my 338 lapua and 300wby. Mag and 257 wby mag all in the g7 and it works perfectly.we tested the 338 lapua at there range out to 1000 yards ..its the rifle i put the nightforce scope on. Great product and great people to deal with ,they are a wealth of knowledge for long range hunters.

Sounds like it better be the G7, I have never heard a bad word about them except they cost alot. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on it and tuning up my rifle. Thanks for all of the reply's.

Ceder

Another vote for the G7. Pretty new to me and I don't have the inputs perfected yet, but when I do I think it will be very hard to beat. One thing that I'm noticing, you'll probably have to adjust your G7 BC and MV from what you think they are. I'm using 180 hybrids with a .345 G7 bc and a MV of 2,826 checked with a Magneeto, but when using those inputs my drops aren't exact. Actually they are far enough off to miss a 15"x15" plate at 870. What I did was wrote down the solution it gave me at 870, corrected to what got me where it needed to be. I did that at 870, 600, and 400 and then plugged the information into the gseven calculator and started adjusting the numbers. After playing with it, it looks like an actual MV of 2,755 and G7 BC of .339 is going to be very close (not quite perfect, but close). I haven't got back out and tried it again with the new numbers, but will be soon. You'll just have to play with it and tweak it to get it exact.

correct me if I am wrong but isnt that why you go shoot your validation shots and then record inches high or low in the G7 calculator? Then I think the program will adjust your MV for you to enter in the range finder. I am glad to hear you really like it though, What caliber are you shooting with yours?

7mmRM.....long story story short, yes. However, I still adjusted both the bc and mv even after putting in my drops and letting it validate my mv. It just takes some tweaking, but nothing major. can't see there being too many people disappointed with it.

Re: New range finder time (3rd option)

When I needed a new LRF I decided that having binos and LRF in one was what I wanted. No sense in carrying two optics when one will do very well. After personally using several I got the Bushnell, ARC 1 Mile LRF in 10 X 42. If there is a better LRF bono out there for the money I'd like to know what it is.

It has a lot of "extras" such as programmable bow and rifle mode, zero range choices, cartridge, brand and bullet weight for ballistics, MOA or Mil readout, brush setting and an inclinometer for accurate ranges in inclines. This binocular will range beyond one mile on something reflective enough such as rocks.

The glass is good but not excellent Here you are paying for the technology more than the glass. For hunting they are great, especially from a stand where you can range various landmarks ahead of time and know your inclination hold under in MOA or Mils.

It is called long rane hunting and that is what the g7 is all about.
Anyone shooting up to or past what the g7 can rage on animals 1400 yards is out of bounds . 1000 to 1200 in perfect condion is max.

Thanks for the reply, that would have been a viable option before yesterday. I went ahead and bought the G7, Now I cant hardly wait to get tuned up with it. Should be getting to me Friday!!

Ceder

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.