New Range Finder Question

JW74

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the new Leica 2700-B rangefinder? If so how do you like it? I'm thinking of upgrading my 1600-B and want something that I can range steel with out to ~2000 yards. Would the 2700-B be good for this? Or, is it worth waiting for the new Terrapin X and spending the extra 1K for that range finder?

Thanks for any info.

Not sure if this will help any. Leica makes good glass. I do not have the 2700-B but I do have the 2000-B. Mine will range a licence plate out to 2018 yards. This is a highly reflective target BUT it is small.

I would feel it safe to say the 2700 should do this and better.

Not sure if this will help any. Leica makes good glass. I do not have the 2700-B but I do have the 2000-B. Mine will range a licence plate out to 2018 yards. This is a highly reflective target BUT it is small.

I would feel it safe to say the 2700 should do this and better.

Thanks for the post! From the sound of how well the 2000-B ranges I suspect the 2700-B may be a good fit for what I'm looking for.

No problem glad to help. Again it needs to be highly reflective for it to work. Just hang old licence plate out buy the target and you should be good to go.

I have a friend with a 1600lrf and it will range clay banks in a coulee to1700. The Lieca's are not fussy so much whether the tsrget is reflective or not. This is a feature not many range finders can claim in the common market most of us shop in. Yes they may cost more but it is worth it. I have a pair of Zies lrf bino's that I wish were as easy to read as the Lieca products. Don't get me wrong my Ziess will range most any target to 1400yds their max range. It is just tricky to rea the read out is all.
Good luck in your shopping.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.