New Radar Style Chronograph

If you go lookup the parent company of labradar: infinition.com they clearly are an R&D company. I bet labradar is a best case use of off the shelf components by a subset of their engineering team.

I don't work for them, and I have never used their product.

If you go lookup the parent company of labradar: infinition.com they clearly are an R&D company. I bet labradar is a best case use of off the shelf components by a subset of their engineering team.

I don't work for them, and I have never used their product.
My comment was made in jest, they haven't really fixed any of the issues that have been made very apparent to them for years, because they haven't needed to, only because there has been no competition. This is however, somewhat off topic.

I have heard that the valociradar/velociradar alpha won't be available until the fourth quarter of this year. The alpha version seems interesting, as it has the ability to pattern shotguns as well. Another stated upgrade over the base model is that it also reads velocity out to 100 yards (as the labradar does), insinuating that the base version doesn't read as far, if your only interested in near-muzzle velocity. Limiting the range capability of the base version is likely a reason they are able to offer it at a lower price than the labradar.

My comment was made in jest, they haven't really fixed any of the issues that have been made very apparent to them for years, because they haven't needed to, only because there has been no competition. This is however, somewhat off topic.

I have heard that the valociradar/velociradar alpha won't be available until the fourth quarter of this year. The alpha version seems interesting, as it has the ability to pattern shotguns as well. Another stated upgrade over the base model is that it also reads velocity out to 100 yards (as the labradar does), insinuating that the base version doesn't read as far, if your only interested in near-muzzle velocity. Limiting the range capability of the base version is likely a reason they are able to offer it at a lower price than the labradar.
G
I just hope - beyond the obvious - that they don't limit the speed ceiling as LR did - shutting down reporting at 4,000 FPS.

It seems the Velociradar basic unit only measures velocity at close range.

And that "feature" seems to relegate its use to measure muzzle velocity.... 😟

But I'd like to start measuring velocity decay downrange, in order to produce more reliable BC numbers than the ammo manufacturers are sharing....

Because an airgun hunting pellet really suffers massive drag due to its aerody-or-fly-ashtray shape (just look at the photo!). 😱
Now the expansion is amazing, but it needs to hit the quarry at a pretty good velocity for the HP expansion plot to play out.

H&N. Crow Magnum. #01. Side. [Crop. 01.png

The succession of futility for hollow point pellets goes like this:
Low BC
➔ Rapids velocity decay
➔ Low impact velocity
➔ No expansion of the hollow point
What's the point of a hollow point if it does not expand?!?

So, what I'd need for my application would be the Velocidarar Alpha model — and that comes in at LabRadar prices (at least going by the tease pages at the sellers).

Still something to watch for. I need to check how much play money the piggy bank holds... — I'd love to buy a used LabRadar if I can get it at a good price.... 😊

If took everything wrong with Labradar into consideration, it should be improvement. If they didn't, question their design team effort.
I liken Caldwell products to something you'd find at a vacation destination bazaar store. 100% from China, doesn't work as intended the first time, and broken and unusable the second time you pull it out.

Reviving a year old thread - any word at the Shot Show from Caldwell on this product? It's been a year since they said it'd hit the market.