New Purple Heart rifle build

I put in for that hunt but haven't gotten a call in quite some time. Hopefully they get back to me! Also thanks for all you do, I myself have a Purple Heart and appreciate all you good Americans that support us vets, especially the ones of us that got a little beat up over there.

I second having a Purple Heart either carved into the stock or some how painted some place or etched into the side of the scope or action? That would be awesome

I put in for that hunt but haven't gotten a call in quite some time. Hopefully they get back to me! Also thanks for all you do, I myself have a Purple Heart and appreciate all you good Americans that support us vets, especially the ones of us that got a little beat up over there.

Well thanks for your service. I'm not sure if they have drawn all the hunters this year. They have quite the list. I had a young man I knew of that has been on our list for 3 years but gave up his spot twice to others. Last year they choose a man because he lost his legs and was determined not to let it slow him down. He wore out tons of wheel chairs but his hand were getting so bad he could barely shoot anymore and was prob his last chance. It's very hard process. Everyone deserves it in my book. That's why I try and raise as much money as possible so we can send more. They also have a special needs hunt for youth that is amazing. It's the first thing I found useful about SCI. Before I thought it was a way to brag so I didn't really like it.
Thanks again to everyone who's willing to help. I never expected this much support. Hopefully next year we can do even better.

Where in Illinois are you located? Brother is in Plainfield

Well thanks for your service. I'm not sure if they have drawn all the hunters this year. They have quite the list. I had a young man I knew of that has been on our list for 3 years but gave up his spot twice to others. Last year they choose a man because he lost his legs and was determined not to let it slow him down. He wore out tons of wheel chairs but his hand were getting so bad he could barely shoot anymore and was prob his last chance. It's very hard process. Everyone deserves it in my book. That's why I try and raise as much money as possible so we can send more. They also have a special needs hunt for youth that is amazing. It's the first thing I found useful about SCI. Before I thought it was a way to brag so I didn't really like it.
Thanks again to everyone who's willing to help. I never expected this much support. Hopefully next year we can do even better.
Ya I'm sure they have a good list. Ive been on a few get hunts and they are always a great way to meet others that have been and go through the same things. I cant wait to do it again.

Just came across the thread, living in SD and a VN vet I am so glad the vets today don't and didn't have to go thru the garbage we had when we came home so with that "WELCOME HOME" to all VN vets and a very gracious THANK YOU to those that served then and now.
I would be glad and pleased to buy some of your raffle tickets just to support my brothers and sisters who returned from their time serving this GREAT NATION.
My hat is off to you sir and admire, respect and appreciate what you're doing, wish, I had the talent you guys have but I don't so thank you for using yours to do good things.
Hhardrock

Well thank you sir. You guys definitely got the short end of the stock when it came to welcome home. So thank you.
I just wish people my age and younger understood what it takes to make America happen and how lucky we really are.
Only in America can you hear of a black third string QB making millions of dollars talk about how oppressed he is.
If he had my pay check for how hard I work he would really feel bad. I've made a very big change in the past year to only supporting people and places that have my same beliefs. Hard to do but if a company panders for cheap dollars they will not get mine.
Sorry end of rant

Well time for an updated.
Thanks to some great guys it's comig along good. Rifle is out to hammer Bullets for custom load work and afte that a fancy paint job. Kinda bummed I didn't hold off for the savage as they have aftermarket sticks for those. But they came pretty late to the game for what I intended to do.
Still gonna be a great rifle and I'm sure a great performer with those hammers.
I was able to make it up to the hunt this year and what a great group of guys.
Please check out legends ranch Facebook for some great photos.

Ok just an update, rifle is done, I was unable to do the stock but am working on a paint job for the factory stock.
Just received it back from hammer with custom load work.
Hit the range today with the brand new hammer 350 legend bullet. 100 yards was a quick sub moa group, followed by a quick sub 200 yard group. Keep in mind I was not shooting for Greta groups just drops to get turrets made. So I was only focused on my horizontal axis hold.
300 yard was just over moa. That's where ideally this round was made to max out with 26" drop.
Then I decided why not try 400 just because. Again just over moa and 61" drop. I'm very confident if I was trying I would have held sub moa but I was only doing drops and I was fighting some stiff wind drift today.
So now time to order turrets and paint and it's complete ready for the raffle.

I'm k guys update, the raffle has been done and I'm not sure where they ended up. The whole system worked out great, was able to get Minute of deer at 400 easily about 6" group with a decent amount of wind.
I know the covid shutdown really put a damper I. The main sales of tickets but that being said everything went great and I'd like to say thanks again to everyone.
Hammer Bullets
Rhett Crider
Vortex optics
Boyd's stocks
You guys went above and beyond. So that's you all for your support.
Now to get planning for the next build. I can say the shooting system was a hit so I may go that route again.
I'm thinking possibly a good old .243 win.
Then possibly do the same type of setup.
thanks again guys you make it so easy to make these rifle special. Hope I can get the next one done by oct nov.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.