New Purple Heart rifle build

I want to thank you for just offering a wonderful gift as you have.
I know that many just enjoy getting out and hunting.
Thank you
Dee

290841EE-F314-4B8E-949D-097B0F2F8107.jpeg
Here's a pic of a stock I had dipped in a pattern that has the American Flag woven into it. I'd be glad to donate a dipping like this for your build

View attachment 134124 Here's a pic of a stock I had dipped in a pattern that has the American Flag woven into it. I'd be glad to donate a dipping like this for your build

Awsome that really would be cool. I really would like to do something special with the Purple Heart into it.
I will he contacting some of you when the rifle finally arrives. I'm hoping by end of summer so I can have it done early fall.

You are a Good Man for stepping up to help Veterans in this way, along with all the other folks willing to chip in and do something to help others.
It doesn't matter if the help is large or small.
It just MATTERS that they extend a helping hand!
Lord knows the VA sure does fall flat when it comes to helping disabled Veterans like myself when we need help with something.
I almost swear they intentionally work slowly in the hopes we will pass away before they have to spend any money or time to help us.
So, again, to those who chip in to make this type of things come to fruition, a heartfelt THANK YOU for all your help!
God Bless.
Overnout

Ok so every year I do a semi custom rifle to the best of my ability, nothing fancy. Once done I donate it to the local SCI Purple Heart program. This program uses 100 percent of the proceeds to send as many Purple Heart recipient hunters to a great hunt at legands ranch in bitely Michigan. The ranch does a whole week dedicated to these hunters and it's a fantastic cause put on by great people. So I decide to get involved. I've done a few bolt action rifle and the last 3 years I've done AR 15's in calibers that are popular at the time like 300blk and Grendel. They sell tickets for several months for $10 each. Then draw a ticket at the banquet.
This year I'm thinking of stepping it up a bit. Keep in mind it needs to make money and more than it cost to build as I don't wanna waste my time when I could just donate the money.
So this year I'm thinking of doing a full shooting system. So I'm starting with a 350 legand because we are in Michigan and the 450 is the newest craze so I think the legand will also be hot.
It will be a Ruger American ranch, Boyd's has come on board already with a thumbhole stock. Vortex has been donating scopes and mounts for several years so I'm hoping they continue. So once it's bedded in it new stock scope mounted. I'm gonna brake it in with factory ammo, chronograph and get custom turrets made. I'd also like to hopefully supply a range finder. M I think with the hunters around here it would be a big hit. Any thing else you think might make it sell better?
What's your thoughts?
I'm up here about 200 miles from you on the sunrise side. I Could probably turn you a muzzle break. You have to remind me though. My memory is as long as...what was I saying? Give me a shout.

She said if it ain't broke don't fix it. Evidently she has never talked to veterans that have to use the VA for everything.

I would like to thank you for what you are doing and thank you to all the members that have afforded to help. Unlike you guys I have no talent but I do have a couple bucks to buy some tickets with. Could you start a thread about the tickets when the time comes up to start selling them. Hope I am not out of line and apologize in advance if I am. Have a great night everyone

Takes all kinds in our sport. When I went in the military I owned a Mossberg 500 and marlin model 60. Nothing to brag about. I still own them 35 yrs later. Maybe 30 on the marlin. Then all I did was hunt. Then I became a Smith. Then came compatition. Now I compete at 1000 yards. So basically even if you don't own a firearm but support the second amendment you are part of the sport. Everybody gives to the sport what they can. Like its been said before our sport has some of the most generous people and like on this sight people give help to others freely. Even in competition everybody helps each other even if your shooting against them. The guys at Williamsport are awesome. If you forgot to bring something to a match you will have 5 guys offer you something. As Trump would say"it's really fantastic and everyone has been fantastic it's just amazing fantastic great" Shep

I would like to thank you for what you are doing and thank you to all the members that have afforded to help. Unlike you guys I have no talent but I do have a couple bucks to buy some tickets with. Could you start a thread about the tickets when the time comes up to start selling them. Hope I am not out of line and apologize in advance if I am. Have a great night everyone

Not out of line at all. In fact thank you. I will keep everyone updated. When tickets go on sale I will let everyone know.

snox,
I live in SW MI and thank you for caring about vets. Have you tried to contact https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/ as a possibility to communicate the project as well as a means to link into a site that could sell the tickets? The site gets a lot of traffic and I bet it would spread like wildfire as result.
Muddy

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts