New Premier Heritage Video

The Glass ? Is it Schott glass are Jap glass ? The glass is Schott and the image is better in the Premier.

What makes this a better scope? The Glass is nicer, 34mm tube, The GENII reticle is great and the line quality on the reticle is very sharp.

They have NXS in FFP right ? The NF NXS FFP is $2290.00 were the PRH is $2700.00 = $410 to me the quality of the glass, the 34mm, and the reticle are easily worth the extra $410.00 to me.

Nize scope was about to buy a S&B but after som evaluation i went with Premier 5-25 so now i am sitting here locking at it... waiting for RPA International to make my new rifle.....gun)

A NXS 5.5x22.5x56MM is almost half the price. What makes this a better scope ? The Glass ? Is it Schott glass are Jap glass ? They have NXS in FFP right ?

Please let me tell you what makes the Premier a better scope.
I have two NF scopes both are 5.5-22x56; one on my 30-378Wby and another on my 338-378Wby.
The NF scopes are superb scopes in their own right, however when it comes down their ability to pick up deer in poor light or fading light such as at end of day I am afraid the NF scope's light gathering ability leaves something to be desired.
I can speak from personal experience as I missed out on a relatively good Sambar stag that we hunt in Australia in fading light conditions back in June this year..
I could see the stag rather well with my Swaro 15x56 binoculars but could not pick the stag up in my NF scope at x22 power.
I even cranked the magnification down to x10 power and then down to x5 power well below that of the Swaro binoculars but still could not pick him up despite the exit pupil size being somewhat much better at this magnification.
When I told this story to my LRH mate Wild Bill he said...."ah...ha....I know what your problem is........he went and got his new Premier Heritage 5-25x56 scope which was still in the box and I was sold when I went over it. The optics are so much clearer and the turret movement so much smoother and is built as solid as a brick **** house..
If you think NF have clear optics and they do, then I can tell you the Premier is even clearer still and its light gathering is also far more superior than that of the NF scope.. That is what you pay for....absolute top quality.
You need to perform this comparison in very low light conditions as you will not see the difference in clear daylight.
Yes, the Premier is certainly worth the extra money if it means getting that once in a life time stag.
My next two scopes will definitely be Premier to replace the NF scopes that I intend to sell shortly.

I buy my premier's at liberty optics. I've got 2 of them now. Amazing scopes. They compare to S&B on glass quality... but on features the Premier leads the pack.

They only come in FFP. For most application it is the best way to go. SFP scopes have their place.

Mike @ CST

Hi the crosshair is only about 1/2" at 500 so no problem... and the glass let you se them... think you almost can tell if its the grany of the pack at that distans...

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.