New powder without load data.

Someone on here posted their load using RL33 with Barnes LRX 127's a year or 2 ago and I can't find it. Had it in my notes but they got deleted from my phone. Had a nice group at 100 yards and I wanted to use that as a starting point at least. They had the same rifle I do also. Not saying mine would shoot as well but a start anyway. Oh well I'll just use some US869 for now and see what happens. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky and my rifle will love one of these.
80gr of RL33 with the 127LRX?

Found the thread from the person that loaded up 127gr Barnes LRX with RL33. They have the same rifle as me as I've said before. Sounds like 79gr RL33 worked well for him. Going to try and get a container and try that combo as well. May not shoot as good as his but it might work well. It's all Research and Development in this game, right?

We have done a little work with the Ramshot LRT. It shows to be a bit slower than RL33. If you take a start load for RL33 you will be fine. The couple of times that we have used LRT it has been nice and consistent during load work up. So far I really like the powder for the big cartridges and overbore.

It behaves in between RL33 and US869. US869 can produce some great results although it will have drastic changes with temp if you are at a top end load. Keep it mild and it will be fine.

https://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/26-nosler/

Good luck. I think the LRT will be nice in the 26n

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.