New powder scale suggestion's

Ohlson7mm

more of a reader not a poster, but here we go

looking to upgrade my old beam scale, lately its had a mind of its own and hasn't been as consent as i need it to be. it is well used and has served me well.

I really want an A&D 120i, but it's not in my budget still got to buy tags, points, ect.
with that being said what other options are out there?

thanks in advance for any help

It depends on what you desire. Chargemasters are great, but the A&D 120i is in a class by itself. I have an old Lyman M5. If you can find one, you could send it to Scott Parker to have it tuned or attempt some of the same tuning tricks on your current scale while you save for the 120i.

I'd give your beam and balance a good dusting and de-static it with a dryer sheet too... I don't know much about the Chargemaster but my Lyman scale at times needs to be re-set from drift, so it gets a bit maddening resetting every few charges to keep drift to zero. The Lyman is great for setting up a measure or spot weighing bullets though.

For a good electronic scale that has been working for me for a very long time is made by Dillon Precision. When it goes though, I will "cry once" and get the A&D. Good luck on your choice.

It depends on what you desire. Chargemasters are great, but the A&D 120i is in a class by itself. I have an old Lyman M5. If you can find one, you could send it to Scott Parker to have it tuned or attempt some of the same tuning tricks on your current scale while you save for the 120i.
I have one of those for a backup in case my AutoTrickler goes out, and did what you mentioned....bought the Parker first, then the A&D a little bit later.

thanks for all the suggestions i think im going with a charge master, ive been looking at them for a while, just didnt know enough people that had any exp with them.

I'd give your beam and balance a good dusting and de-static it with a dryer sheet too... I don't know much about the Chargemaster but my Lyman scale at times needs to be re-set from drift, so it gets a bit maddening resetting every few charges to keep drift to zero. The Lyman is great for setting up a measure or spot weighing bullets though.
i also will be doing this until i buy my new toy

But if I'm not lucky on tags this year and i catch an A&D on sale it might find a new home on my bench.

With the A&D brand is just the FX120i or our there other models guys are running?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.