New Personal Best at 602 yards

doniphan

This was my first time to hunt Kansas (About 70 miles Northwest of Salina) and IT WAS AWESOME!!!! My hunting partner and I had a great time, filled all of our tags (1 buck, 2 does each) and had great weather. We have been hunting together for a lifetime and I think this was the best deer hunt we have ever had. We are both from the Eastern Ozarks in Southern Missouri and long shots in our part of the world are typically 100 to 200 yards. In Kansas, things don't even get interesting until 200 plus yards. Unfortunately I didn't take very many pictures on my phone, and I haven't had a chance to get pictures from my buddy yet.

Anyway here is a picture of the view of a doe that I killed at 342 yards.
KANSASDEER342YDS.jpg

And then here is the doe.
2012-11-30_10-46-19_510.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of my longest shot of 602 yards on another doe. It was late and just about at the end of shooting light. But at 602 yards, I have set a new personal best with my specialty pistol.

Here is my rig. Savage dual port target action, Neal Cooper rear grip stock, Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 (This photo shows it with a Bushnell Elite 4200), Burris Signature Zee Rings with 20 minute inserts, EGW one piece base, Barrel is a factory sporter barrel cut down to 17" and nitride treated. My load is a 180 grain SMK at 2996 fps. It works extremely well on whitetail deer in Missouri AND Kansas.
012111134016.jpg

John

This was my first time to hunt Kansas (About 70 miles Northwest of Salina) and IT WAS AWESOME!!!! My hunting partner and I had a great time, filled all of our tags (1 buck, 2 does each) and had great weather. We have been hunting together for a lifetime and I think this was the best deer hunt we have ever had. We are both from the Eastern Ozarks in Southern Missouri and long shots in our part of the world are typically 100 to 200 yards. In Kansas, things don't even get interesting until 200 plus yards. Unfortunately I didn't take very many pictures on my phone, and I haven't had a chance to get pictures from my buddy yet.

Anyway here is a picture of the view of a doe that I killed at 342 yards.
KANSASDEER342YDS.jpg

And then here is the doe.
2012-11-30_10-46-19_510.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of my longest shot of 602 yards on another doe. It was late and just about at the end of shooting light. But at 602 yards, I have set a new personal best with my specialty pistol.

Here is my rig. Savage dual port target action, Neal Cooper rear grip stock, Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 (This photo shows it with a Bushnell Elite 4200), Burris Signature Zee Rings with 20 minute inserts, EGW one piece base, Barrel is a factory sporter barrel cut down to 17" and nitride treated. My load is a 180 grain SMK at 2996 fps. It works extremely well on whitetail deer in Missouri AND Kansas.
012111134016.jpg

John
Congrats on some great shooting! What caliber, i probably missed it.

Sorry for the oversight it is a 300 WSM. And I don't have any pics of my buck yet. I have to wait for my buddy to email them to me. I didn't take any of the buck with my phone.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.